Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Can anyone confirm that the Joye eGo-T from bestshop.eu is genuine (i.e.not a copy)? Price after 10% discount using code IRISHVAPE (thanks, Opit :D) looks good.

Also, what's the difference between their Standard and Premium eLiquids?

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Esel wrote: »
    Thanks for the info.

Excuse my ignorance (don't think I can search the thread for two-character strings), but could you please explain VG and PG?

Sorry they are the base substance used in the liquid. PG (Propalyne Glycol) is the most common but VG (Vegatable Glycerin) is quite popular too as it's more viscous and tends to produce more vapour but not as good a throat hit. PG is common in ashtma inhalers and steam machines used at concerts and so on and VG is a common flavouring base I think so both as apparently safe to inhale. It's been a while since I mixed but my preference was to go for a mixture of PG and VG. Maybe 70% PG, 30% VG but it's all experiment in terms of finding your preferred mix. Personally I think 100% VG is a bit much. If you buy standard liquid chances are it will be PG as it's the most common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 sndwr4

god but that is so confusing for a non chemist!!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Can anyone confirm that the Joye eGo-T from bestshop.eu is genuine (i.e.not a copy)? Price after 10% discount using code IRISHVAPE (thanks, Opit :D) looks good.

Also, what's the difference between their Standard and Premium eLiquids?
    100% orginal Joye Tech starter kits and parts. There is only one "copy" (very good one) http://www.thebestshop.eu/joye-510/joye-510-b-starter-kit/prod_133.html

Standard eliquid is Dekand (PG base). The same liquid has vapourstore.ie http://www.thevapourstore.ie/e-liquid/cat_15.html
    Is very easy to recognize Dekang liquid by the "YNDK" mark on the side of bottle cap (50ml bottle has no mark at all).
    Premium TBS eliquid is made by Hangsen (also china), has higher-quality ingredients and is PG/VG blend. Next very importand thing is that Dekang has nicotine synthetically produced in lab than Premium has nicotine extracted naturally from tobacco.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Thanks to you both for the detailed replies.

I'll go Premium (VG/PG mix, 'real' nicotine), then! Synthetic nicotine from China scares me a little... :eek: :D

Any eGo-T owners in Dublin city centre willing to let me have a few drags before I place my order? :D

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Thanks to you both for the detailed replies.

I'll go Premium (VG/PG mix, 'real' nicotine), then! Synthetic nicotine from China scares me a little... :eek: :D

Any eGo-T owners in Dublin city centre willing to let me have a few drags before I place my order? :D
    Is nothing to worry about imo. I can be wrong but 99% of liquids out there have synthetic nicotine.
    A lot more shops sell Hangsen eliquids so you can read some reviews:
    http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=72
    http://www.e-smokeytreats.com/30ml-bottle-of-e-Smokey-Treats-e-Liquid-p90.html
    http://www.nucig.co.uk/NUCIG_refill_VG_eliquid_e_liquid_ejuice_s/12.htm

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 31 DMurr

DMurr wrote: »
    Im in the same boat.
    Was thinking about ordering the joye ego-t starter kit off thevapourstore
    http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/joye-ego-t-starter-kit-tank-version-/prod_275.html

and geting the E-Liquid Testers (5ml) in MarlB (USA Mix) flavour
    http://www.thevapourstore.ie/standard-e-cigarette-liquid/e-liquid-testers-5ml-/prod_197.html

I would smoke MarlB lights when smokeing and smoke about 15-20 a day

thoughts ?
    Thanks in advance

Well i got the ego-t and some RY4 on friday [quick delivery] and spent most of sat trying to learn how to use it :rolleyes:

Iv been mixing useing it with real ones and im quite likeing it.
    I ordered some more Liquid from www.strictlyejuice.com
    Pineapple
    Caramel Apple
    Dr. Pepper :D
    Caramel
    Orange Cream Soda
    Butterscotch Candy

So far iv been smokeing about 7 real one a day nearly 1/3 less.
    When i do use the ego i only take 4 or 5 drags off it

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MojoRising

I replied to two of your posts when you asked "what should you buy?" with links for the eGo-T, why did you order something else:confused: ,did you not read the last 2 pages of this thread???? plenty of posters have told you which was the best over and over.
    As all new to it and to be honest bit anxious/cautious,when your man said better off to get the 510T I and had to use other half's credit card so couldn't really afford the egoT so hopefully 510 T will suffice,

MojoRising wrote: »
    As all new to it and to be honest bit anxious/cautious,when your man said better off to get the 510T I and had to use other half's credit card so couldn't really afford the egoT so hopefully 510 T will suffice,

Mojo - can you let me know how you get on with the 510t as they are a lot more slim and I am very interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MojoRising

sndwr4 wrote: »
    Mojo - can you let me know how you get on with the 510t as they are a lot more slim and I am very interested.

Will of course it should be here today as checked order on vapourireland and was dispatched 21st.To be honest i went for it because it's slimmer ,will let you know how it is as soon as i start.

• Advertisement

MojoRising wrote: »
    Will of course it should be here today as checked order on vapourireland and was dispatched 21st.To be honest i went for it because it's slimmer ,will let you know how it is as soon as i start.
    510-T is really good choice. 510-T atomizer perform very good (better than the eGo-T).
    Cons:
    - small tank (0,6ml)
    - small battery (2-5 hours of vaping)
    - automatic battery (I prefer manual sealed battery)

From about three weeks I testing new starter kit 510-T and eGo-T 650 from thebestshop.eu . They spent a lot of money to search the factory, which beats the quality and price of Joye Tech. Finally found one that is better than Joye Tech. I was told that both starter kit we should see for sale in next week :D in unbeatable prices (also cheap but high quality parts for eGo-T and 510-T).

Also next week I'll get to test a new babe :D (full eGo or battery only - I don't know)
    88da4e6873b658af.jpg
    Features:
    the LCD screen can show how much power already be used and how many puffs you smoke during the use time,
    it also can show how much time it need to charge the battery like the cell phone when charge it .
    Battery capacity comes up to 1100mAh (750mAh standard one)
    3 times press on / off switch saving more power and protecting the battery
    Long battery life and superior vapor production

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Opit wrote: »
    They spent a lot of money to search the factory, which beats the quality and price of Joye Tech. Finally found one that is better than Joye Tech. I was told that both starter kit we should see for sale in next week :D in unbeatable prices (also cheap but high quality parts for eGo-T and 510-T).

Also next week I'll get to test a new babe :D (full eGo or battery only - I don't know)
    88da4e6873b658af.jpg
    Features:
    the LCD screen can show how much power already be used and how many puffs you smoke during the use time,
    it also can show how much time it need to charge the battery like the cell phone when charge it .

Holy shít:eek:, what's the name of that beautiful looking thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭wingnut32

510-T is really good choice. 510-T atomizer perform very good (better than the eGo-T).
    Cons:
    - small tank (0,6ml)
    - small battery (2-5 hours of vaping)
    - automatic battery (I prefer manual sealed battery)

From about three weeks I testing new starter kit 510-T and eGo-T 650 from thebestshop.eu . They spent a lot of money to search the factory, which beats the quality and price of Joye Tech. Finally found one that is better than Joye Tech. I was told that both starter kit we should see for sale in next week :D in unbeatable prices (also cheap but high quality parts for eGo-T and 510-T).

88da4e6873b658af.jpg
    Features:

Me Likes:D

I have no idea :confused:.
    I just know that the samples fly to ireland tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

I have no idea :confused:.
    I just know that the samples fly to ireland tonight.

Any idea when they go on sale?

Any idea when they go on sale?
    As always in thebestshop.eu each product must undergo a probationary period. They wont sell any "crap" even if is looks very good.
    If anyone here also has extensive experience with Ecigs then can write to them, that also wants to become a "tester".

mewso wrote: »
    I'm speaking specifically about known copies that are proven to work as advertised. If you think I'm suggesting people buy the cheapest knock off they can find then you are wrong. Am I correct in thinking you are the owner of thebestshop Opit?

is this true?

How many times I have to answer this question? No.
    I apologize for the fact that I know more than others about ecigs and what is happening in ecig world. I'm really sorry
    Sorry also for the fact that because of me vapourireland.com began selling orginal products.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

sndwr4 wrote: »
    is this true?

As Opit has said he has answered this and you could have read his answers immediately after the post you quoted. It would be very foolish of the owner to post here and not admit it as if found out it would be far more damaging to their business than if they had simply made it clear who they were from the beginning so I take Opit at his word.

I'm sure Opit would acknowledge he has a close relationship with them but that just means we get good info. early and it's always good to hear about new e-cig stuff coming down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

I have 10ml of apple pie and custard and nearly 10ml of RY4 from thebestshop if anyone wants to do a swap???

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

after having so many issues with my atomisers recently, I finally realised that there is another component of the e-cig I hadn't been considering.. the battery

new ego-t battery arrived today, and the difference is fantastic. it wasnt the fact that my atomisers were dying after a few puffs, it was the batteries performance weakening significantly after only a small bit of use. at least now I have a load of spare atomisers :)

Well regardless I had one eGo-T that lasted a couple of weeks and a positive impression of them. Now I've gone through 2 more in as many days as I get an intermittent burnt taste so I'm losing faith in them now. Seems to be very inconsistent and I suspect it will take some more work to perfect the design if they even bother.

So I ordered the 510-T having read good reports. The 510 is like an old classic at this stage and I suspect it will be more robust while including the tank mechanism all be it with a smaller capacity which I can live with. Thats my hope anyway. First impressions having tried it this morning are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

I got some 510 tanks today and so far i prefer them to the ego tanks, way more flavour so far, early days, also got some LR Boge Cartos, don't like them so far, really harsh on my throat :mad::mad:

where did you both get them?

where did you both get them?

Opit's place :) - www.thebestshop.eu - next day delivery too.

ah, I had a quick look there but couldnt see them. found it now

kinda spent a bit much on e-cigs this month, but next month ill probably throw 12 euro towards the atty and some tanks and test them out. keep us posted on how you get on with them :)

Opit's place :) - www.thebestshop.eu - next day delivery too.
    Hey get off me ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Well regardless I had one eGo-T that lasted a couple of weeks and a positive impression of them. Now I've gone through 2 more in as many days as I get an intermittent burnt taste so I'm losing faith in them now. Seems to be very inconsistent and I suspect it will take some more work to perfect the design if they even bother.

Hi Mewso,

I have been having the burnt taste the last few weeks I have tried ego-t from different suppliers both original and clone attys and still get the same.
    I was beginning to think that there had been a change in the liquid. Really not getting any satisfaction the last two weeks. The menthol flavour seems to have disappeared.

Theblueirish

Hi Mewso,

I have been having the burnt taste the last few weeks I have tried ego-t from different suppliers both original and clone attys and still get the same.
    I was beginning to think that there had been a change in the liquid. Really not getting any satisfaction the last two weeks. The menthol flavour seems to have disappeared.

Theblueirish

I've used the Joye models exclusively but as i said I think it's a design issue. Some will work great, some won't but it happens too often. If it was 1 in 10 I could live with it but not as it stands. It's still a great leap forward just needs improving imo. and they should reconsider the price until it is as good as it can be all the time.

• Advertisement

This is what I got
    8d7b5afc5ab7e0a1med.jpg

Great copy of 510-T with gold ring and also copy of eGo-T. That's the first eGo-T atomizer which gives me right taste of liquid.

There is a small trick if you want get rid of burning taste from eGo-T, just take 5-10 pulls without activating the button. Burning taste means that the atomizer is not filled with eliquid (not tank cartridge but atomizer itself).
    In this way you will fill out the atomizer and good taste will come back.

Advertisement