Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

I have also one more trick with eGo-T (510-T as well)
    Here's what you need ;)
    f4216c867eab8969med.jpg

Take the pin and stick it in the center of the atomizer needle. Do this few times but not too strong because you may damage heater coil which is just under the needle. This will allow for better flow of fluid into the heater.

1882ca0da2f0fe83med.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭wingnut32

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Folks, can anyone vouch for the ry4 from thebestshop. €14 for 50ml seems like great value compared to whats on the vapour store.

I ended up getting a bottle of this and for ry4 lovers like me it is indeed great value!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I ended up getting a bottle of this and for ry4 lovers like me it is indeed great value!

I got the 50ml ry4, and I got 10ml of premium ry4.. i cant tell the difference at all. I wish they had the coffee flavour in 50ml.. be fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Big thanks again to Mewso!

Got my start kit and whole bag of tricks from heaven-gifts, delivered within 4 working days by registered airmail and no problems with customs.

I got 2 x 30ml 18mg Camal VG Liquid and 1 x 30ml 18mg Mocha VG. (drop me a pm if anyone is interested in swapping/sampling)

I got the first battery charged and took the dive, unfortunately I was bitterly disappointed at first with the amount of vapour I was getting, so I decided to switch atty and hey presto - I was getting nice thick and consistent vapour but after around 10 pulls (over a few hours) I started to notice the vapour quickly got harsh and had a slight burnt smell :( - any remedy to this?

I don't know how I managed it but I ordered Ego 510 XL tank cartridges by mistake - if anyone needs cartidges for their 510 - let me know :)

I did receive cartridges for the Ego-T but unfortunately I went with 4 mega atomisers type b so now I have two faulty atomisers, 4 brand new ones and no cartridges to use with them! Bugger! I don't suppose anyone has a spare one or two they could part with? :) I can offer some juice or 510 cartridges in exchange.

Both juices taste pretty good, the camal is a bit on the sweet side but I found it has grown on me. Would be interested in trying out some PG if anyone wants to swap.

Samba wrote: »
    Big thanks again to Mewso!

Got my start kit and whole bag of tricks from heaven-gifts, delivered within 4 working days by registered airmail and no problems with customs.

I got 2 x 30ml 18mg Camal VG Liquid and 1 x 30ml 18mg Mocha VG. (drop me a pm if anyone is interested in swapping/sampling)

I got the first battery charged and took the dive, unfortunately I was bitterly disappointed at first with the amount of vapour I was getting, so I decided to switch atty and hey presto - I was getting nice thick and consistent vapour but after around 10 pulls (over a few hours) I started to notice the vapour quickly got harsh and had a slight burnt smell :( - any remedy to this?

I don't know how I managed it but I ordered Ego 510 XL tank cartridges by mistake - if anyone needs cartidges for their 510 - let me know :)

I did receive cartridges for the Ego-T but unfortunately I went with 4 mega atomisers type b so now I have two faulty atomisers, 4 brand new ones and no cartridges to use with them! Bugger! I don't suppose anyone has a spare one or two they could part with? :) I can offer some juice or 510 cartridges in exchange.

Both juices taste pretty good, the camal is a bit on the sweet side but I found it has grown on me. Would be interested in trying out some PG if anyone wants to swap.
    Do not use VG liquids with eGo-T. Is too thick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Opit wrote: »
    Do not use VG liquids with eGo-T. Is too thick.

The pitfalls of being an e-cig n00b ;)

I did some reading and the general consensus seems to be it's fine but is better mixed with distilled water.

When reading up about PG and VG I read that VG produced more vape, I foolishly assumed this would produce a better hit too, oh well.

I'll get some PG organised and maybe try some mixing.

I got a 510-t delivered from the bestshop today and I have to say Im pleasantly suprised. This thing is actually better than a normal ego-t for flavour and throat hit. Its pretty painless to fill aswell.

I think this might be another option for people starting out or people looking for something discreet on a night out. Impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

I got my 510-T from thebestshop too, still loving it (only been 24 hours) went back to my ego-T for awhile which was ok but the difference in flavour when I switched back was amazing :o:o

Thinking of getting the 510 battery (slim auto one) for when im out and about.

Already spent a small fortune on these already but think tanks are the way to go for me. Got some boge LR cartos (unopened) and a few juices to trade if anyone is interested send me a pm.

Wish we had a forum for Vaping to post seperate threads :mad::mad:

Evelyn, Im looking for some of those cartos. I dont think I have anything to trade but I can certainly pay you the price that you bought them for.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

Evelyn, Im looking for some of those cartos. I dont think I have anything to trade but I can certainly pay you the price that you bought them for.

pm sent :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

screw it, I said i'd wait till next month but i'm getting a 510 tank atty tonight.

--edit

just realised today is friday so I wont get it until tuesday

pain in the ass :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

I read this thread, then watched a good few youtube vids and decided to take the plunge. I've been smoking Major like there's no tomorrow and I'd love to give my lungs a break.

I bought an ego-T starter kit and tobacco and menthol 30mg premium juice from thebestshop.eu. Thought I had everything sorted.

I tried the tobacco flavour first, nearly vomited with the vile taste of it and just stopped myself from binning the whole lot. I went back over the tips I'd read and went about clearing the primer fluid and getting everything right.
    The second time i used menthol and i vaped about half a cartridge in all. It got going after a while with huge throat hit and masses of vapour. Flavour was marginally better but not quite bearable.

However, it still had the rotten clingy sweetness and it's pervaded my senses. My dinner smelt of it, washing up liquid smells like it, apples smell like it ffs.

Do I give this up now or can anyone pinpoint what's gone wrong?
    On top of all that, both carts appear to be leaking. When I removed them the outsides were spotted with juice.

A bad start :mad:

Agonist wrote: »
    I read this thread, then watched a good few youtube vids and decided to take the plunge. I've been smoking Major like there's no tomorrow and I'd love to give my lungs a break.

I bought an ego-T starter kit and tobacco and menthol 30mg premium juice from thebestshop.eu. Thought I had everything sorted.

I tried the tobacco flavour first, nearly vomited with the vile taste of it and just stopped myself from binning the whole lot. I went back over the tips I'd read and went about clearing the primer fluid and getting everything right.
    The second time i used menthol and i vaped about half a cartridge in all. It got going after a while with huge throat hit and masses of vapour. Flavour was marginally better but not quite bearable.

However, it still had the rotten clingy sweetness and it's pervaded my senses. My dinner smelt of it, washing up liquid smells like it, apples smell like it ffs.

Do I give this up now or can anyone pinpoint what's gone wrong?
    On top of all that, both carts appear to be leaking. When I removed them the outsides were spotted with juice.

A bad start :mad:

Menthol can be quite eh powerful for an all day vape and the premium is a mix of vg and pg, try the standard liquid which is just pg, you might want to try some ry4 which is very popular with alot of vapers or maybe you can get some 5ml testers. Can you describe the leaking problem in detail?

Menthol can be quite eh powerful for an all day vape and the premium is a mix of vg and pg, try the standard liquid which is just pg, you might want to try some ry4 which is very popular with alot of vapers or maybe you can get some 5ml testers. Can you describe the leaking problem in detail?

Thanks for all that info.

It's settled down a bit now. It took nearly 20 cigs to clear the taste of the first few vapes. I'm back on the menthol now finishing the cart. The nasty taste has pretty much gone. When I get a hint of it I do a few sharp pulls without pressing the button and maybe give it a shake and that seems to fix it.

I didn't know that the premium is a mix of pg and vg. I would prefer pg only because I understand vg increases the quantity of vapour. Is that right? I'd prefer a vape that is more subtle to the onlooker.

Maybe the leaking isn't actually a problem. There's no exterior leak. When I remove the cartridge there's fluid around the part of the cartridge that goes insde the atomizer and inside the atomizer. It just seems a bit messy but not a major issue.

I think I'd prefer non tobacco non smoky flavours. I dread the thought of that smoky draws I got at first. As a newbie I need to know what's flavour and what's the atty getting destroyed.

I'll update again when I get a chance to give the ego-t a good trial. I'm turning it off for now to enjoy some analogues, yum :)

I was vaping away today, trying to work out why the hits and vape was so much less than yesterday when I realised I had switched the carts last night and I was actually vaping the tobacco stuff!

My tastebuds are clearly shot from years of smoking. Today I worked out that the terrible taste I was getting was like burning plastic, really chemical and poisonous tasting. I haven't got that taste since.

I'm still not won over though. I'm smoking as much as ever but this vaping seems a bit like sex. Crap at first but gets better with practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Agonist wrote: »
    I was vaping away today, trying to work out why the hits and vape was so much less than yesterday when I realised I had switched the carts last night and I was actually vaping the tobacco stuff!

My tastebuds are clearly shot from years of smoking. Today I worked out that the terrible taste I was getting was like burning plastic, really chemical and poisonous tasting. I haven't got that taste since.

I'm still not won over though. I'm smoking as much as ever but this vaping seems a bit like sex. Crap at first but gets better with practice.

I found coffee and vanilla from the vapourstore very good.

I found coffee and vanilla from the vapourstore very good.

Yes, I've seen a few people recommend vanilla. I think mocha might be something I'd like. Also a strong pepperminty flavour would be nice, I'd say.

Can anyone recommend a really clean crisp mint flavour? The Halo selection looks good.

Is it the case that premium is always a mix of pg and vg while standard is pg only? Or is there another difference?

I really wish we had a forum so that we could have a juice swapping thread. Maybe it's time to remind all here to visit http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055986688 and add your support.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 31 DMurr

was i imagining things or did someone say not to use VG with the ego-t :confused:

@ Agonist
    Re the leak are u talking aboub pools of stuff or just a bit left over when removeing the tank ?

I was geting a kinda burnt bad taste like you and it was down to the tank not being fully pushed in,useing the tank that was pre fited [was told there ment to be bined and use a fresh one] and me useing it like analogs. atty geting very hot due to holding the button down to long and takeing drags in quick succession.

i found this info good

as for flavour i have only tryed 3
    RY4 nice but abit to rich/sweet for use allday for me
    USA malb mix been useing this as my allday and i like it
    Cherry very very nice but i only had 1 tank full of it

thats my take so far but we all have diferant tastes.best to get a few small samples and try them out or maybe someone near you would be willing to give u a bit of theres to try

DMurr wrote: »
    was i imagining things or did someone say not to use VG with the ego-t :confused:
    Yes, here. I think he's referring to pure vg. Could be wrong though :confused:
    @ Agonist
    Re the leak are u talking aboub pools of stuff or just a bit left over when removeing the tank ?
    Just a few blobs. I think it's supposed to be that way now.
    I was geting a kinda burnt bad taste like you and it was down to the tank not being fully pushed in,useing the tank that was pre fited [was told there ment to be bined and use a fresh one] and me useing it like analogs. atty geting very hot due to holding the button down to long and takeing drags in quick succession.

i found this info good

Thanks, I'm trying to balance the drags I'm taking. Just getting used to it.
    as for flavour i have only tryed 3
    RY4 nice but abit to rich/sweet for use allday for me
    USA malb mix been useing this as my allday and i like it
    Cherry very very nice but i only had 1 tank full of it

thats my take so far but we all have diferant tastes.best to get a few small samples and try them out or maybe someone near you would be willing to give u a bit of theres to try
    Would anyone be interested in starting a social group here? I know mewso had a go at starting a forum but maybe if we stay on Boards people would get involved more. What theblueirish said on the vaping forum request thread could all be done in a social group. And since swapping juice etc. means dropping our anonymity maybe a private group would suit people better. Just throwing it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 LostChild

I think it would be great to start a socialcgroup. I'm a lurker but would be more inclined to contribute and look for advice if it was on a dedicated board. This thread is very long and posts tend to get lost in it, especially if you are a new vaper.

On the flavours, I like RY4. Takes a while to get used to the sweetness but it's nice for a tobacco flavour. Hint of cherry in it I find.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 31 DMurr

Anonymity be damed i dont care who knows who i am :D
    Im from Leixlip in Kildare and have no prob swapping a tank of juice etc

on the RY4 i thought it was a very caramely/oak taste to it but years of smokeing and spicey food could have messed up my taste :D

I only started this a week ago and had my last analog Fri [dont think ill be going back eather]

So far iv spent about 10 days worth of cig money but i would say im done now for atleast 6 weeks :D

DMurr wrote: »

Joye recommended eliquids, which contain up to 30% VG.

Anyone want to be my referrer on heavens-gifts? pm me with username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Has anyone come off smokes from vaping and then stopped vaping?

I've stopped smoking now but I rely a lot on the e-cig and I'm wondering if it's going to be difficult to stop.

Any thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ArseBook

Does anyone know where I can get a Joye 510-T starter kit?

Thebestshop.eu seems to sell regular 510 starter kits and the tank parts seperately but I don't have any parts already so I would need the whole lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

ArseBook wrote: »

Thebestshop.eu seems to sell regular 510 starter kits and the tank parts seperately but I don't have any parts already so I would need the whole lot.

Here. That's the only Irish site Google threw up.
    A couple of UK sites are selling them, but I don't know if you want to wait, also I have no experience of the UK sites, though I'm sure they're fine.

http://www.vapourireland.com/e-cigarette-starter-kits/joye-510-t-starter-kit/prod_24.html

They should sell manual 510-T starter kits from tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ArseBook

Opit wrote: »
    They should sell manual 510-T starter kits from tomorrow.

Great, thanks. :)

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Has anyone come off smokes from vaping and then stopped vaping?

I've stopped smoking now but I rely a lot on the e-cig and I'm wondering if it's going to be difficult to stop.

Any thoughts?

I suspect it might be even harder to give up vaping. At least there's the option to reduce the nicotine and vape 0mg juice.

I'm really interested to know whether anyone has bought the kit and stopped using it and gone back to the fags. Nobody has said that here but maybe they just stop posting. I'm still not convinced it's going to work for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 sndwr4

TRY here http://vapourireland.com/images/uploads/joye510tfull.jpg

Advertisement