Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

I picked up one of the Dual coil LR XL cartomisers, it arrived this morning. and.. so far I am unimpressed.
    I'm not getting much vapour, and what vapour I am getting is uncomfortably hot.. it kinda burns the back of my throat. flavour wise it is a little better than the ego-t.

im wondering if I filled it properly.. I just opened the top, and dripped some juice in.. I filled it to the top and waited until it had soaked in each time.. when some of the juice started dripping out of the battery end I wiped it off and figured I had put enough in.

Is it possible to wash them out with water to try a new juice? or are they disposable, ie you use one flavour in each cartomiser.

I got some steel Dual coils this morning - seemed to take a little while to get going but eventually I'm getting good pulls out of them.

You could try and wash them by removing the wadding but you won't get a decent pull unless the central hole in the middle is properly centred - difficult to do because you have to re-roll the wadding. They are disposable so I guess it's one flavour, one cart.

One of the clear carts I got yesterday looks really scummy already, the juice has become darker and the wadding is scorched and dirty looking - looks like I've been smoking crystal meth out of it. I'm going for the steel or black in future, more difficult to fill because you can't see what's going on but at least I won't get nicked and drug tested whilst smoking it in public...

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

Mezamo wrote: »

Get a 1000ma battery then

Waiting on a mod to deliver that takes 1850 batteries.
    Do you think the black are better? I might try them if so. Probably looks better too. i.e. no crack pipe effect.
    Yeah think they taste better, I thought it was just the new juice i got but it my usual juice tasted weird in them too. Plus they are metal so guessing they wont break as easily as the the plastic ones and yeah I think they look better, just cant see the juice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

mewso wrote: »
    I should correct this. This liquid is Joye but when I say polish I mean I think it's the same as the Joye liquid Samba bought from an online shop in Poland. You can read his comments on it earlier in the thread where he said it was different to the vapourstore stuff but he liked it.

Liquid was good, flavour became unbearable after a while, I ended up giving away my 2 bottles of Tobacco flavour (tasted more like sweet herbal tea, maybe RY4 not really sure)

I wouldn't recommend the tobacco flavour.

Ugh, I see vapourstore are currently out of stock too, I let myself get down to dangerously low levels and only have torque56 as back up (dry gulp)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I tried a different juice with the dual coil and it's working an awful lot better. good vapour, good taste... my only complaint is how messy it is to refill the damn thing. i put the little plastic cap that came with it over the battery end.. pour in the juice at the top until it reaches the end and then just rotate the cap at the battery end to suck the juice in. There was still quite a bit of leakage after I took the cap off the battery end but if this level of flavour/vape continues I'll definitely be getting some DCC's as an alternative to my ego-t.

The ego-t will still be the one I take out with me though, dont want to be fiddling with stuff to refill the DCC when i'm not at my desk.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

my only complaint is how messy it is to refill the damn thing.

If you have any old 510 cartomisers that had the rubber cap covering then you can use the condom method on it which works like a charm.

* edit - Igetcha demonstrates it in this video review I think - http://www.e-cig-reviews.com/dual%20coil%20cartomisers.html

• Advertisement

mewso wrote: »
    If you have any old 510 cartomisers that had the rubber cap covering then you can use the condom method on it which works like a charm.

* edit - Igetcha demonstrates it in this video review I think - http://www.e-cig-reviews.com/dual%20coil%20cartomisers.html

lol, that's like the complete opposite of what I was doing. looks like it works better though, ill try that out next time.

really loving it now actually that Im using this other juice

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

Elevelyn wrote: »
    Waiting on a mod to deliver that takes 1850 batteries.

What 18650 mod are you waiting on? Silver Bullet?? I have mine 2 months and the thing is a beast! Love it. Performing great at 3.7 with LR 510's. Haven't tried the DCC's yet but might have to after all the talk about them on here.

Also to follow up on something I posted here a week or so ago about where to find the Noalox lubricant for the PV mod threads - Cloud9 vaping in the UK stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You misunderstood me.

I was talking about my experience with them and how they failed me. It should be noted that they can irritate tonsils and cause inflamation.

I quit after smoking for ten years. I quit in Feb2011. so it was a modern e cig.
    Are you sure you didn't just have a PG allergy?

Not your ornery onager

thudd wrote: »
    What 18650 mod are you waiting on? Silver Bullet?? I have mine 2 months and the thing is a beast! Love it. Performing great at 3.7 with LR 510's. Haven't tried the DCC's yet but might have to after all the talk about them on here.

Its a 18500 mod - called the LG (Little Gem) can get them from Liberty Flights too, dunno what its like but cant wait for it to arrive!!!
    The black metal ones from the thebestshop have the rubber caps too (well the one I was sent does)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Anyone have a recommendation for a 510 battery?

I have switched from the Ego-T to the 510-T because I find the atomisers more consistant as well as longer lasting and better flavour/vapour production. They do get very hot though.

Anyways I have a regular 510 manual battery but I'm not sure if it's JoyE or what, it hasn't got anything written on it. It performs quite poorly and only lasts an hour or two. The best results I get from the atomiser are when using my Ego 1000mah battery. This isn't ideal however as it doesn't "match" the atty as such. I know it's a silly issue but I wouldn't mind having a better battery which looks alright on the 510-T. I want to stock up on a few of them to take out and about with me.

Edit: I just remembered another question you helpful vapers might be able to help me with :D

Does anyone know where I could possibly pick up a couple of the bigger Ego-T atties and the tanks to go along with them? Y'know the ones that use 2ml of juice rather than 1.1. TBS were selling them but they've been "on backorder" for weeks and I can't find them anywhere else.

Cheers!

• Advertisement

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Anyone have a recommendation for a 510 battery?

I have switched from the Ego-T to the 510-T because I find the atomisers more consistant as well as longer lasting and better flavour/vapour production. They do get very hot though.

Anyways I have a regular 510 manual battery but I'm not sure if it's JoyE or what, it hasn't got anything written on it. It performs quite poorly and only lasts an hour or two. The best results I get from the atomiser are when using my Ego 1000mah battery. This isn't ideal however as it doesn't "match" the atty as such. I know it's a silly issue but I wouldn't mind having a better battery which looks alright on the 510-T. I want to stock up on a few of them to take out and about with me.

Edit: I just another question you helpful vapers might be able to help me with :D

Does anyone know where I could possibly pick up a couple of the bigger Ego-T atties and the tanks to go along with them? Y'know the ones that use 2ml of juice rather than 1.1. TBS were selling them but they've been "on backorder" for weeks and I can't find them anywhere else.

Cheers!

I don't know much about 510 batteries but im sure that all of them will only last about 2 hours, you could get a PCC (portable charging case) that will charge the battery out and about

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Oh_Noes wrote: »

Cheers!

Here;

http://www.vapourireland.com/atomizers/joye-ego-t-type-b-atomizer/prod_26.html

B Tank cartridges;
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartridges/joye-ego-t-b-tank-cartridges/prod_180.html

I think the biggest battery for the 510 is 280mAh which isn't a huge amount of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Got a couple DCC's today.
    First impressions would be a very strong throat hit out of them.
    Used the condom method for filling it and seems to work well enough, using 18mg RY4 standard e juice and maybe with the strong throat hit it might be good way of dropping down nicotine strength to maybe 11mg of which i have some and will try in another cartomiser.

However, i also got another atty and i think i prefer the smoother draw out of these and definitely prefer just filling the cartridges and next time i will get a B type one and see how that goes regarding throat hit.

Trial and error i suppose and each to their own but good to have a couple different methods now to vape.
    Got a new 900mAh battery also so hope i don't need to spend much in the next couple weeks and try out a few different juices instead.

my god, I just tried some of my dk-tab juice in the DCC... it's... wonderful

soon as I have money I'm ordering many more of these, at 2 euro a pop.. they're incredible

--edit

I got a black one with my first order, but thebestshop are out of them now apparently.. only clears and stainless available. are they bad? or are they just bad in comparison to the amazing black ones

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

my god, I just tried some of my dk-tab juice in the DCC... it's... wonderful

soon as I have money I'm ordering many more of these, at 2 euro a pop.. they're incredible

--edit

I got a black one with my first order, but thebestshop are out of them now apparently.. only clears and stainless available. are they bad? or are they just bad in comparison to the amazing black ones

I'm using a clear one and it's fine. Could be improved sure in some areas but no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tartetatin

Hi all.
    Sorry to come crashing in, but I really need to give up the smokes. Read back on the thread but am still a little lost. Smoke 2o Silk Cut a day. I want an e-cigarette 'package' that tastes like a mild cigarette with enough 'refills' or whatevers to last me a month. What would people suggest? Really want something that looks and feels like a cigarette but not something that will cost me a fortune and that I will leave in the press under the stairs a week later.
    Would appreciate any advice. Thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

tartetatin wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Sorry to come crashing in, but I really need to give up the smokes. Read back on the thread but am still a little lost. Smoke 2o Silk Cut a day. I want an e-cigarette 'package' that tastes like a mild cigarette with enough 'refills' or whatevers to last me a month. What would people suggest? Really want something that looks and feels like a cigarette but not something that will cost me a fortune and that I will leave in the press under the stairs a week later.
    Would appreciate any advice. Thanks

Tartetatin I know it's a long thread but if you even read the last few pages you will see many recommendations and links. The general consensus would be that an eGo of some variety is the best option to start with. A standard eGo pack would probably be ok but after that there is a mega eGo (larger atomisers allowing for larger cartridges and hence liquid) and an eGo-T which is the latest technology and probably the best. Any of these should be good enough. The point of buying your first kit is not necessarily finding the solution there and then but to perhaps see if the whole idea has a chance of working for you. So pick a starter pack and buy it and if you have questions then come back and ask. Start with 18mg strength if you need to chose and work from there.

Forget about it looking like a cigarette. Trust me on that one. It's not important and the models that do look like a cigarette suffer in terms of performance. Also forget about the cash for now. If you stick with it it will end up cheaper than smoking. If you don't it won't have cost more than a weeks ciggies to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well thought I'd update my situation.

I was off the ciggs for around 3-4 weeks, using my E-Cig daily. However my main focus of smoking is while I'm in work and the E-Cig was doing wonders letting me puff at the desk and I was even cutting down on how much I use it.

HR then mailed the floor to indicate they were banned as they look unprofessional and " might encourage staff to smoke real cigerettes on site" and they also indicated " whilst the output may not be damaging, it may cause harm to colleagues" contradiction much.

So whilst I was going out to the smoking area and still smoking it, I simply just gave up and ended up back on the real smokes : /

TheDoc wrote: »
    Well thought I'd update my situation.

I was off the ciggs for around 3-4 weeks, using my E-Cig daily. However my main focus of smoking is while I'm in work and the E-Cig was doing wonders letting me puff at the desk and I was even cutting down on how much I use it.

HR then mailed the floor to indicate they were banned as they look unprofessional and " might encourage staff to smoke real cigerettes on site" and they also indicated " whilst the output may not be damaging, it may cause harm to colleagues" contradiction much.

So whilst I was going out to the smoking area and still smoking it, I simply just gave up and ended up back on the real smokes : /

HR in HR being annoying pricks shocker.

Sorry to hear that Doc.

anyone else finding themselves using a lot of juice with the dual coils?

• Advertisement

Yep loads of it gotta order more tomorrow, nearly out of my favourite :(

My only black dual coil is on its last legs it seems - lasted over a week of nearly constant use though so im happy

ah, so it's not just me :/

I suppose it's worth it to keep buying new juices if the flavour/vape is that good

Yeah, it seems to be going through quite a bit alright. Though with the amount of vapour production I'm not overly surprised. LR attys burn through the juice too.

nesf wrote: »
    Though with the amount of vapour production I'm not overly surprised. LR attys burn through the juice too.

TBH I'm not getting massive amounts of vapour, even with newly opened ones, still really strong hit though and great flavour

my level of vapour varies from juice to juice.. my dk-tab gives massive clouds whenever I exhale, but my coffee cream chocolate gives a regular enough amount. Flavour is still fantastic whatever the juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭wingnut32

my level of vapour varies from juice to juice.. my dk-tab gives massive clouds whenever I exhale, but my cIoffee cream chocolate gives a regular enough amount. Flavour is still fantastic whatever the juice.

I love that flavour but i found that there was next to no vapour on exhale. The dcc's eat up the juice as does my arry carto tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mb123

Haven't read all 150 pages or so of this thread,so maybe this has already come up.I work in a pharmacy which won't stock them purely because the ones we were offered were 16mg or 21mg but there was no way of telling how much nicotine was being consumed the way you would with a patch or a nicotine inhaler,thus possibly making people more addicted to nicotine than gradually weaning themselves off of it. they also still cause some smoking related illnesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

mb123 wrote: »
    . they also still cause some smoking related illnesses.

Could you provide a source for that information please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Started about 3 weeks ago with an Ego-T, dual coil atomisers and RY4 after 22 years smoking on average a pack of Johnny Blue a day. I've gotten over the shock, for me anyways, that there was no transitional period.

Apart from 2 wobbly moments in the first two days, when I wasn't vaping properly, it has been magic. I used to light up every hour weather it be the smoking hut in work or the back door at home and it's bizare that that routine is knocked on the head. I'm able to vape in the office though.

I suppose other than the obvious health reasons, I've calculated that I'll spend 1/10 of what I'd spend on cigarettes over a year...over 2k saving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 mb123

The pharmacist and owner who is refusing to stock them.I smoke myself so I was interested in the reason he wouldn't recommend them and those are the reasons he gave me.In fairness the company that were supplying them didn't deny this.
    Also just found this: FDA’s Division of Pharmaceutical Analysis—part of the agency's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research—analyzed the ingredients in a small sample of cartridges from two leading brands of e-cigarette samples.

One sample was found to contain diethylene glycol, a toxic chemical used in antifreeze. Several other samples were found to contain carcinogens, including nitrosamines.

Advertisement