Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ah, at 49 euro they probably will be alright

like I said I don't really know anything about them, how much refills cost or that kinda thing

but the important thing is whether or not they work for you :) good luck with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

it'll more than likely be ok, hopefully enough at least for you to figure out if vaping is the way to go for you. in my very unexpert opinion though.. if you want to carry on vaping, you'll be far better off picking up an ego-t starter kit when you're done with them though

"the best in the world" it most certainly will not be though :)

--edit

holy ****, I just saw the price.

wow.

it's either ****ing awesome, or you way overpaid...not knowing much about e-puffs ecigs, I'd still have to guess you overpaid :/

Looking at the price of the refill cartridges, I'd he he's definitely going to overpay for those............

Allgauerin, if you haven't received this yet, I'd suggest you cancel your order.
    An eGo-T will give you much better value in the long term .

My OH bought a similar model to that when he started vaping first. The cartridges were proving expensive, and the thing gave up altogether after a very short time. I paid 50 euro for his.

It's entirely up to you, though.
    We're just trying to save you some money and aggravation.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭bridgemond

Onto my second day now and I must say I would love a normal fag.
    I find after meals pretty hard aswell and I am dreading the pub this weekend. Actually I think I will not drink this weekend.

I find vaping good but first thing in the morning and after meals it is just not the same. Still some will power needed lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

what strength liquid did you get? I found my ego a good replacement for the after dinner smoke when I first started vaping.. nowadays I just vape whenever so the whole after dinner ritual has dissapeared

Liquid I got is 18mg. I am still using the free carts that came with it and I have no clue what strength they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

bridgemond wrote: »
    I find after meals pretty hard aswell and I am dreading the pub this weekend. Actually I think I will not drink this weekend.

I find vaping good but first thing in the morning and after meals it is just not the same. Still some will power needed lol.

Stick with it, I'm nearly 4 months off them with the help of the good people on this forum, I'm now down to 11mg RY4 juice with an ego t and I'm getting a great puff out of it, cant see my self smoking again I'd be disgusted with my self..

Maybe try refilling a cart with the 18mg juice when you finish this one?

It does sometimes take a few days to get used to the e-cigs, but it shouldn't be too bad.
    My fella was a bit edgy for a couple of days, but defo didn't have any bad cravings - and he would previously have been climbing the walls without a fag............

Will try filling a cart with the juice in a min. Want to see what it tastes like anyway. The carts that came with it are nice enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The US FDA ( food and Drug Administration) say PG and VG are both safe.
    See here for the science bit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycerol
    They are used in medical inhalers, toothpaste, mouthwash and many food products. VG and PG are both safe but VG can be used if someone is allergic to PG...
    Your link is just about VG, though. Look up Propylene Glycol too.

The buzz you get from your first cig of the day is caused by Carbon Monoxide poisoning, apparently? (think I read that somewhere in this thread...)
    Liquid I got is 18mg. I am still using the free carts that came with it and I have no clue what strength they are.
    The free carts are filled with liquids of varying strength (some zero). That might be your problem?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 34 BeetleDeuce

Fair point Esel. I was assuming poster was going to look up the PG after they went to the link. I suppose I could have put both links together. Post number 2 and I'm already learning. Cheers

• Advertisement

Just found out the carts that came with it are tobacco high strength.

Brought it round to a mate house last night(full of smokers) and it was brilliant. Everyone wanted a puff off it and when I told them about it and all the different flavors and stuff they were very impressed. Should have all my mates switching to them soon:)

Also i am finding the 180mha 510 battery good. One fully charged battery and filled cart lasts the day for me.

Going to order a few bottles of different flavor juice next week. Kinda like a new hobbie lol

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tkavan

Just found out the carts that came with it are tobacco high strength.

Brought it round to a mate house last night(full of smokers) and it was brilliant. Everyone wanted a puff off it and when I told them about it and all the different flavors and stuff they were very impressed. Should have all my mates switching to them soon:)

Also i am finding the 180mha 510 battery good. One fully charged battery and filled cart lasts the day for me.

Going to order a few bottles of different flavor juice next week. Kinda like a new hobbie lol

:cool:cool, welcome to the world of vaping:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Hello all,

I'm a complete newbie to all things vaping and e-cigs but as a former smoker and someone who still experiences intense cravings after 5 years, I'm considering desperate measures.

Admittedly, I haven't read all of this thread because there's so much info, it's a bit confusing. My original mission was to find out more about these: http://www.e-lites.co.uk/ as they're on special offer with Groupon, and the general concensus from the experts here is that they suck.

So, I need a little help and guidance from you good people - as a former John Player Blue smoker, I ask you these questions:
    1. In your opinion what seems to be the closest equivalent to JPB, and
    2. where can I buy it as cheaply as possible? I'm one of the umemployed masses and and BROKE!! No money from social since I finished a FAS course on Sept 2nd :(:(
    I really am at my wits end now. Even as I write this, I feel like gnawing at the corner of my screen just out of sheer frustration. I REALLY don't want to start smoking again but I honestly don't know if I can hold out much longer. That feeling in the pit of my stomach is just a constant these days and I'm turning into a basket case.

If you've gotten this far, thanks for reading. :)

I am pretty new to the world of vaping to but getting the hang of it quickly lol.
    My honest opinion would be not to start vaping if you are off cigs so long but it is your choice if you want to. It certainly is better than starting real cigs again anyway.

So far any flavor juice I have tried has not tasted much like a real cig if I am honest. But they do taste very nice and I enjoy the taste much more then a real cig now.

I use a joye 510 which I find great. I got my starter kit for 35 plus 30ml of juice so about 45 euro all in. I cant comment on other brands as I havent tried them but from reading up online I would defo go for a 510 or ego(I think thats what they are called)

This thread shows you where to buy from http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056339286 . I have bought from The best shop and e-cig ireland and they were both great to deal with and got next day delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Just remember that it may seam expensive but 20 smokes are what nearly €9 now ? iv saved about 1K so far and of that spent maybe 300 max on ecigs as i like trying new juices and devices :) i could stop buying stuff for another 4 months and unless i had a very bad run of attys dieing i wouldant need to buy anything

• Registered Users Posts: 24 elipsoid

Hi all, thought I'd drop in here and share my thoughts as I've just started vaping myself about a month ago after grabbing an ego-T. I'm going to have to admit that I am a smoker and that I never intended to quit fully, but anything that could help me cut down from scoffing over a pack a day would have to be a good thing right?

Anyway, a month into this little experiment, and believe me there was plenty of experimentation, I've gone from more than 10 packs a week, to less than one (and that's a social one)!! And even that is diminishing fast as I get to grips with the technology, hone in on a flavor I'm happy with, and get more comfortable using it in public - no willpower, no overwhelming desire to quit, no hardship; these things just kinda sneaked in and took over. I'm massively impressed, especially considering the awful experiences I've had when deciding to quit in the past and trying the "recommended" route like patches and inhalers. I'm seeing here and on other places that people have been vaping for years, and have to ask the question " Why did I not hear about these thing before?" I've already converted 3 people from just letting them try it...

Anyway, I've seen a few folks asking what is the closest flavor to a "real cig", and when I began that was a burning question for me as I found most of the flavors too sweet or too artificial, nothing I'd be happy vaping on all day, so if it helps anyone, and after some experimentation, this is what I'm loving at the moment (tons of tobacco-y smokey non-sweet vapor IMHO) :

DC LR cartomizer, 50% Totally Wicked tobacco(18mg) + 50% TW M-borrow(24mg). :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

these things just kinda sneaked in and took over
    They do don't they.
    When I got mine I just hadn't time for reals and didn't notice the switch. Still cant believe it happened TBH.

tkavan wrote: »
    you can pick up an ego for 35 euro here

You can get a trial 510 cig from here.
    for €15 and the battery and charger are reusable with any 510 ecig.

You can get a trial 510 cig from here.
    for €15 and the battery and charger are reusable with any 510 ecig.
    Link typo - s/b www.bestecig.ie?

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Link typo - s/b www.bestecig.ie?
    Thanks Esel. Just seen the typo now. Cheers for correction. ps. What does s/b mean.

• Advertisement

s/b = should be (in my world, anyway :D).

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Hi all. I am just about to join you all. I have been smoking for over 30 years (sounds scary when I actually say that) and I need to give them up now. I turned 50 last week on a wonderful holiday of a lifetime to New York and Niagara Falls. And I want to travel more and particularly to visit my daughter who moved to live in Canada last month. So that's my incentive! I need to save money big time!
    During the flights last week I used my e-Go and it worked out well. I am just really afraid of ditching the fag box in case the e-cig doesn't satisfy me. So I am putting it off for the last couple of days as I'm a coward!
    I smoke Silk Cut Blue, about 20 or so a day. The juice I used is RY4 Low strenght (I also bought medium strength in the same flavour). Is this a good choice for someone like me? I have no-one else to ask about this as I don't know anyone who is using an e-cig and I know nothing about them. So I need your help and support! Thanks.

Shazanne. Congratulations on giving up the cigs.

There's no easy answer to your question, since everyone is different.

If you're happy on low strength juice (6mg, or 11mg?) then stick with it.
    If you find that you can't cope, then maybe you need to move to medium strength?

My OH carried his tobacco pouch for several days after he smoked his last cigarette, too.
    He threw it away when he was ready - I'm sure you will, too.

30 years of smoking is bound to have set up a psychological dependence, as well as physical addiction, if you think about it.
    Give your brain time to accept that you can actually do without cigarettes, and you'll find a day will come when you decide to leave the box of fags behind you.

Flavours are hard to advise on, since everyone is different.
    There are lots of reviews on here - but you wont know what flavour you like until you try some.
    Some sites do 5ml tester bottles - maybe try a few of those until you find something you like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 sndwr4

you can also get it from Vapourireland .com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 sndwr4

you can pick up an ego for 35 euro here

Vapouireland.com also do the real 510t for €35

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Shazanne, I found that the low strength liquid didn't kill the craving enough, so I went to 24mg (high or very high on some sites) Harsher but deff killed the craving.
    Long life battery and the right juice will make fags redundant.
    You'll save money all right, I have saved over 100 euros in the 10 weeks I'm on Ecigs. Doesn't sound much but I've gone through 2 starter kits, loads of juice and different kinds of atomisers, cartos etc.
    If you have an ego kit find the right juice slow down on experimenting youll save a fortune. 20 a day is 50 yoyos a week minimum. That'll keep you going in juice and kit for a 2 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cassiopee

Hi Shazanne and congratulations for getting on to the e-cig! :)
    I have been a smoker for 28 years, 30 cigarettes a day.
    I quit once for 8 months 6 years ago. Since then I've been struggling with myself, knowing I had to quit for good, but always finding that "tomorrow" would be the right time to think about it.

I discovered the e-cig 3 months ago and loved it straight away. I thought if I could only cut on my cigarette consumption I'd be happy. But to my greatest surprise, on my 3rd day of vaping, I found that I didn't want a real cigarette anymore! I was geeting more satisfaction from the vape!

I used an Ego-T with RY4 18mg. I think Tommy2bad is right. Don't be afraid to go for the high strength. The key for me is the pleasure you get from vaping.
    If you still feel you're sacrificing something, it may not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Cassiopee wrote: »
    Hi Shazanne and congratulations for getting on to the e-cig! :)
    I have been a smoker for 28 years, 30 cigarettes a day.
    I quit once for 8 months 6 years ago. Since then I've been struggling with myself, knowing I had to quit for good, but always finding that "tomorrow" would be the right time to think about it.

I discovered the e-cig 3 months ago and loved it straight away. I thought if I could only cut on my cigarette consumption I'd be happy. But to my greatest surprise, on my 3rd day of vaping, I found that I didn't want a real cigarette anymore! I was geeting more satisfaction from the vape!

I used an Ego-T with RY4 18mg. I think Tommy2bad is right. Don't be afraid to go for the high strength. The key for me is the pleasure you get from vaping.
    If you still feel you're sacrificing something, it may not work.

Hi Cassiopee. Thank you so much for that post - its the most encouraging one I have received as it is honest and easy to understand. It makes me feel a great deal better about trying this vaping. I'll let you know how it goes for me - fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cassiopee

You are very welcome! :)
    Smoking has been such a huge part of our lives, giving up is a very big deal!
    For me, the e-cig is the invention of the century.
    I hope you'll agree.
    Keep us posted and happy vaping! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Well done Shazanne and Cassiopee. I smoked for 45 years (started when I was 7), quit for two years but the cravings never left me and returned with a vengenance at the beginning of the year so I knew it wouldn't take much for me to start back on the fags. I was told that the receptors in my brain (the little demons that Champix block) were extremely strong after smoking so long. Ecigs to me are a healthier and safer way of getting my fix and it can become a bit of a hobby mixing and matching, trying out different stuff, etc. So far I've been using 24mg tobacco juices and have ended up with too much juice....everytime I bought an atomiser, battery, etc. I'd include juice in the order so I have enough to do me until Christmas. My new year resolution hopefully will be to change to 18mg and maybe go lower in time although I can never see myself quitting or going to 0mg....the little guys in the brain need to be fed. My health doesn't seem to have changed....still can walk several miles up and down hills, blood pressure hasn't risen, no change in weight. No more dirty ashtrays, tobacco film on everything and, of course, vaping is way cheaper than smoking. What's not to like?

Advertisement