Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 BeetleDeuce

Noreen has a point about the battery. Haven't tried that model but the batteries would be my main concern. I noticed it doesn't state the battery mAh ( millamps per hour) but instead states 1.5 to 5 hours ( it should state mAh and then an approx time but even their time is iffy 1.5 to 5 hrs is to ambiguous for such a small batt...battery prices on that site for that model seem very high for a small mAh battery and the PCC would be pacific for that model I would assume. Again , details do not show if it is compatible with any other model either, so if you buy you will be tied to that battery type and not being an Irish site, the postage may bring cost up when ordering accessories. Maybe better to try the 510 or eGo kit models which will give a much wider choice of options for accessories, battery, atomizer,cartomizers , CE 1 2 or 3 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭StealthRolex

If anyone is looking for a cigarette analog with PCC and a bit of flexibility the SKY cig is not a bad deal.

Connections are the same as ego\tw - 510 I think. Cartomizer flavours are not bad and can be refilled with your own juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rodrob111

Yea your probably right about the batteries, although the do have a VGo battery - manual 950maH for £17.99 which works out at €17 with discount code ECR69.

Cheers for the advice on the battery though. Even with all my research I missed that one. I also really want to get the right one to start off.

I guess i'll have to go for the e-go as battery life is important to me but as a barman, I don't need to have a conversation in the smoking area 10 times a night about what I'm doing so one like a cigerette would be handy.

Also, I'd like to buy Irish but all the English sites are doing discounts of 15-20% and as yet none on the Irish sites that I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I don't need to have a conversation in the smoking area
    So the pub you work in wont allow ecig indoors, for shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

tommy2bad wrote: »
    So the pub you work in wont allow ecig indoors, for shame.

Is there many pubs that do allow it?
    Might be a thread in itself.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ive been using the smok dual coil tank cartomiser all day and i gotta say.. i'm ****ing loving it

http://www.smoktech.com/Smoktech-510-DC-T/510-DC-Tank-cartomizer/Smoktech-510-DC-Tank-cartomizer.aspx

only had it 1 day so no clue at all as to how long it's going to last me but.. the vapour/flavour is pretty awesome

i got it free with an order so no idea what the general price is going to be yet. I know the dual coils inside the tank are replacable, so I'd hope they're priced similar enough to regular dual coils.

they're not at all useful for outside use I'd imagine..the plastic body kinda screws/pulls away from the black base so I wouldn't trust it in my pocket or a bag but for sitting at a desk it's pretty great for vaping.

Their talking about 13 dollars for the tank and punched carto in the US. That makes it the cheapest tank ATM. Depending on the carto replacement cost.
    What that will cost here is up to the retailer i guess. I notice that the carto has a lip on the bottom is this a new type carto specifically for tanks? Can the ordinary dcc's be used or are the cartos wider, narrower?

the cartos are the same size from what I can see. they're the same height anyway, and the normal drip tips fit in so i'd imagine they're the same width

there is a small hole on the bottom of the tank carto so.. i dunno, ,maybe you could punch a small hole into a regular dcc and see if it worked :)

oh wait, it does actually have a little lip on the bottom.. i guess that's kinda neccesary so the juice doesn't all leak everywhere

guess using normal dcc's wouldnt work then

i got some straight vg juice during the week just to try it out

so far it's the closest i've found to smoking an actual cigarette, it's almost totally flavourless and not very enjoyable.. but I can't stop vaping it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

It might be a stupid question, but how come you haven't added any flavour?

• Advertisement

it's already flavoured :) "desert ship" tobacco flavour, I just meant there was no PG in it
    it smells nice, but there's no taste when I inhale

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Sorry if this is a newb question that's been done to death, but how long are people finding that regular DCCs last. I'm still getting into vaping so I'm using them a bit inconsistently, but they seem to only last about 3 maybe 4 fills.

Also, does cleaning them do any good? I tried cleaning a few by soaking in hot water, rinsing and repeating and they look almost new (I have a mix of clear and black ones), but haven't tried them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

derra wrote: »
    Is there many pubs that do allow it?
    Might be a thread in itself.

I just use mine down in me local if he has a problem I'll just fcuk off elsewhere, he does give me quare looks by times and muttered that e cigs aren't legal, if he wants my 5 pint custom twice a week e cig is staying inside..

stevenmu wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a newb question that's been done to death, but how long are people finding that regular DCCs last. I'm still getting into vaping so I'm using them a bit inconsistently, but they seem to only last about 3 maybe 4 fills.

Also, does cleaning them do any good? I tried cleaning a few by soaking in hot water, rinsing and repeating and they look almost new (I have a mix of clear and black ones), but haven't tried them yet.

mine tended to last a week or a little more, and i was using them alot.. filling them daily almost

cleaning can help get rid of a flavour or improve performance a litle bit.. but it won't bring a dead one back to life

Thanks. I guess I might be over/under filling them, or I might be blaming a the DCC when it's a low battery or something, I probably just need to experiment a little more with them.

edit: I should mention they're not actually dying, just vapour and flavour seems to be reduced a lot.

mine tended to last a week or a little more,
    I get 5 to 7 days, thats about 20 ml throughput. They don't conk out as suddenly as the horizontal coil ones, it's more like the draw gets tight and off tasting. I could stretch em another day or so but not worth it if you buy in 5's.
    I might be over/under filling them,
    Yep under filling most probably, once the filler gets burned their gona taste off from then on.
    Try blowing out some juice, use a kitchen roll or something, if it gets better then it's over filled. Don't panic at the manky colour of stuff that comes out, its part caramilasation of the juice and part oxidization.

Yeah, I just tried one I thought was on the way out, put a few more drops of liquid in and it was much better, so I'm going to try putting a few drops in them as I'm using them rather than waiting for them to be nearly empty. The battery died after a few pulls as well so that probably wasn't helping either :)

Oh yeah always keep them wet.
    If it's an ego battery, the last 15 min are really noticeably week, aren't they?

Yeah they seem to be, but it's not too bad I suppose, batteries in general tend to drop off right the way through their life so there's obviously some kind of voltage regulation going on if they only go weak at the end like that.

ive been using the smok dual coil tank cartomiser all day and i gotta say.. i'm ****ing loving it

http://www.smoktech.com/Smoktech-510-DC-T/510-DC-Tank-cartomizer/Smoktech-510-DC-Tank-cartomizer.aspx

only had it 1 day so no clue at all as to how long it's going to last me but.. the vapour/flavour is pretty awesome

i got it free with an order so no idea what the general price is going to be yet. I know the dual coils inside the tank are replacable, so I'd hope they're priced similar enough to regular dual coils.

they're not at all useful for outside use I'd imagine..the plastic body kinda screws/pulls away from the black base so I wouldn't trust it in my pocket or a bag but for sitting at a desk it's pretty great for vaping.

irishvapers have these in stock now, it's a tenner for the atty+tank, and the replacement atties are 3 euro each

if you are looking for a new atomiser to try out at home (really would not reccomend these for out and about use) i can't reccomend them enough.. they are fantastic in terms of vapour/flavour.

• Advertisement

so nothing I was vaping for the last day or so was tasting right, everything was just a little off and I was blaming my atomisers.. even though both of them had been opened very recently and hhadnt been used an awful lot

turns out it was the drip tip. god damn metal drip tip that i'd gotten free with some atomiser and had just been using without thinking of it. stuck in one of my transparent plastic beauties and everything's better now.
    who on earth uses metal drip tips.

turns out it was the drip tip. god damn metal drip tip that i'd gotten free with some atomiser and had just been using without thinking of it. stuck in one of my transparent plastic beauties and everything's better now.
    who on earth uses metal drip tips.

He He! I do, well a nice blue aluminum one. Only for menthol tho and its cold on the lips and feels like a metal thing not surprisingly.
    Got some drelin and plastic ones for my baccy flavors. I'm looking for fluted tips, not feeling the love for round ones. Anyone seen them other than in aluminum?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 LostChild

Anyone tried the liqua e-juices from the best shop? Been using the bright tobacco flavour for a month now and I think it's really nice. Would be interested to see if anyone has tried other flavours by these guys.

I got a few flavours after reading glowing reccomendations online
    i really didnt like the coffee flavour, the traditional tobacco was.. ok. it was a nice vape, didn't taste cheap or anything. if you like the flavour it's a lovely juice, I just wasn't crazy about it

i'm still too scared to try the tirimasu.. don't even know why I bought it

• Registered Users Posts: 33 LostChild

Haha, I read a review of that tiromasu and it said that it was amazing. I like my tobacco juices and I think the bright tobacco is the nicest I've tried. Highly recommend it. Also, I find my atty's are lasting longer on the ego-t with this juice compared to other juices. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 surferdwb

I know that everyone differs regarding taste but I really like the Liqua juices, here's some reviews of the ones I've tried

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75040944&postcount=116

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75040944&postcount=117

i found a couple of 510 cartomisers I had no plans for so I decided to throw a bit of the coffee liqua juice into one and am vaping now

it certainly tastes better than it did when i was dripping ont a 510 atty but i'm still not loving it
    it's weird. it has a very full flavour, but i'm only getting a hint of coffee. they do only cost 4 euro though, so no harm in trying them out. I've seenn a couple of very good reviews about the coffee flavour and I am a picky wishy washy sort of son of a bitch when it comes to juices, atomisers, everything.

--edit

actually maybe it's just because i've been vaping wensten all day long.. i just kinda licked the roof of my mouth and got a pretty strong coffee flavour :) i'll try it again in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 15 surferdwb

It just goes to show how taste buds vary!

I found the Liqua Coffee to have a really intense Espresso'ish coffee flavour, especially when dripping on a 510 atty..

just noticed health cabin http://www.healthcabin.net/ are doing an xmas sale until the 25th. looks to be some pretty damn good bargains there, wont have funds to order anything until the week the sale ends so hopefully they dont run out of too much stock.

if you dont mind waiting a while for your order and fancy getting a few things cheaply in bulk, no harm in checking them out.

• Advertisement

looking through the flavours on healthcabin

bacon flavour

dare I?

--edit
    I dared, but it ended up being too much for what I had on my o2 money card so had to cut it.. along with a lot of other interesting stuff :(

ended up getting

30ml cuba cigar
    30ml bubble gum
    30ml chocolate
    30ml cotton candy
    30ml cherry
    30ml dunhill/deluxe tobacco
    30ml Dk-tab (3 of them.. my favourite juice)
    10ml raspberry
    10ml peanut/peanut butter
    10ml double mint/green mint
    10ml dunhill/deluxe tobacco (5 times I went through that list, and didn't bloody realise I'd already ordered 30ml of this)
    10ml french pipe/fpf
    10ml fruit mix
    10ml pall mall
    10ml almond
    10ml mocha
    10ml strawberry
    10ml litchi (dunno wtf this is but what the hell)
    10ml vanilla
    Concentrated flavour coconut
    Concentrated flavour hazelnut chocolate
    Concentrated flavour almond
    Concentrated flavour caramel
    Concentrated flavour bubble gum
    Concentrated flavour creamy vanilla
    Concentrated flavour black chocolate
    Concentrated flavour cappucino
    Concentrated flavour honey coffee
    Concentrated flavour strawberry
    Concentrated flavour raspberry
    Concentrated flavour orange
    Concentrated flavour maple leaf
    Concentrated flavour hazelnut
    110ml VG flavourless
    2 3.5ml Clear Giant Cartomizer V2
    3 packs of 5pc 1.2ml boge 510d cartos
    2 packs 5pc kanger horizontal coil cartos

all for 111 euro including delivery (which was 38 dollars)

pretty happy with all that tbh. just now realised I forgot to order 15 bloody dual coil cartos, but the boge's and kangers oughta keep me going.

just realised 111 euro is about 2 weeks of buying a pack a day of cigarettes.. all this is gona last me a **** ton longer than 2 weeks

Advertisement