Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

oh, god
    **** the clear dual coils
    just **** them :)

looks better with the cone on :)

cone1.jpg185109.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i dunno, i prefer the coneless look :)

looks like a spaceship or something with the cone on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

buli on ego -t :) Had to cut cone to fit bulli

184933.jpg

heh, took so long to scroll down i was half expecting you to have added flames at the bottom in paint :)

bulli looks pretty nice on an ego

I will! I'm rather excited now! hopefully a good sign! I have been thinking about buying them for ages and I had bookmarked this page but once you read past the first page of posts (which I had thought made me 100% informed) it got really confusing! Now I am all set and I know what to do when crap needs replaced too! Thanks for all your help I probably would be still just toying with this idea in two months if you never replied I don't like buying stuff unless I know what its up to! I shall be back with an update! Ciara

• Advertisement

i was the same way with this thread, posted it in all excited and curious soon after it was made

then actually bought one 10 months later :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Why do the vapour store not stock cartomisers? Also, they seem to be out of a lot of stock I think. They are excellent to deal with although slightly expensive.

Got them! Tried out the Ry4 or whatever its called 11mg strength (even though i wasnt planning to until january!) and I quite like it! I am quite paranoid about the little coil cartomizer thing drying out when it makes the crackling noise when i'm puffing on it but I also know It doesnt need filled every ten minutes lol two main questions now I have are
    1 how often should I top it up / refill it? Based on average usage (ill assume I am average)
    2 the little jar of juice I got is 11mg - does this mean 11 mg in each dual cart thing or 11 in the whole jar? Im confused. I just dont want to be increasing my nicotine intake and i cant really find out any info on this....

I cant wait to try other flavours etc I have a few more here to try too and I am looking forward to buying apple lol the obsession is beginning (or in full swing....)

Thanks again for the help I managed to figure out how to charge it all by myself O_o

as for the nicotine strength thing.. I have no ****ing idea how that works

someone explained it to me last year, i understood it for about five minutes and then forgot it all again
    but unless you smoked 1 cigarette a day, I doubt you'd be geting more nicotine than you're used to on 11mg. unless you drink the juice or something

the crackling is pretty normal, dont worry about it. as for how often to fill it.. it's a good idea to keep them wet (but not flooded. if you're confused about the distinction, don't worry about it. you'll get the hang of it shortly enough). if you're going to keep vaping the same flavour in a dual coil cartomizer then it's no harm to just drop a little bit in after a few hours. if you want to try out a new flavour then just keep vaping away until you get a sort of dry taste, or the vapour/flavour production drops off enough to be noticeable then add your new flavour

you'll recognise the taste of a cartomizer that needs juice. if you dont recognize it the first time, you'll *never* forget it again and unless you're an idiot like me you'll never let yourself taste it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

11mg means 11 milligrams nicotine per milliliter of liquid; equals a 1.1% concentration of nicotine in the liquid.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Got them! Tried out the Ry4 or whatever its called 11mg strength (even though i wasnt planning to until january!) and I quite like it! I am quite paranoid about the little coil cartomizer thing drying out when it makes the crackling noise when i'm puffing on it but I also know It doesnt need filled every ten minutes lol two main questions now I have are
    1 how often should I top it up / refill it? Based on average usage (ill assume I am average)
    2 the little jar of juice I got is 11mg - does this mean 11 mg in each dual cart thing or 11 in the whole jar? Im confused. I just dont want to be increasing my nicotine intake and i cant really find out any info on this....

I cant wait to try other flavours etc I have a few more here to try too and I am looking forward to buying apple lol the obsession is beginning (or in full swing....)

Thanks again for the help I managed to figure out how to charge it all by myself O_o

11mg is the strength of the juice.
    As an example, to get the same strength as B+H, the equivalent juice would be 16mg. I think silk cut light are comparable to 6mg (as a rough guide).

1ml volume of the juice (I think there's either 3 or 5 ml in the cartomiser? )
    is supposed to have the same nicotine content as 20 cigs of that strength, according to the maths.
    But, there are questions about how well nicotine is absorbed when vaping v. smoking.
    Most vapers would say it's less than that.

Don't panic too much about the amount of nicotine to start off with, would be my advice. You'll know you're getting too much if you start feeling jittery, anyway.:D (very unlikely to happen at 11mg strength, anyway, unless, as Sir Digby said, you're used to smoking about 2 fags a day.)
    Just get used to vaping v. smoking first, then start adjusting the nicotine content.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

Placed an order with thebestshop.eu for 150ml of eliquid and a battery, 50ml of liquid has arrived with the battery, but the other 100ml is still missing. Has this happened to anyone before?

did you order them all in one order? or 50ml in one order and the other 100ml in the second?

if it's all in two orders wait a day or two (ugh, be next week then I guess) but if you ordered it all in the one order fire thebestshop an email

did you order them all in one order? or 50ml in one order and the other 100ml in the second?

if it's all in two orders wait a day or two (ugh, be next week then I guess) but if you ordered it all in the one order fire thebestshop an email

Ordered them all in one go 3 X 50ml bottles and a battery.

Invoice that came with the first order had ticked off the two items I received but not the other 2.

Might be a dry Christmas or I will have try and vape those terrible double shot eliquids :(

well they are shipping on monday, so place a new order tonight. should get it on tuesday

I assume you weren't charged for them?

well they are shipping on monday, so place a new order tonight. should get it on tuesday

I assume you weren't charged for them?

No I was charged the full amount.

ah well, get thee to gmail and politely ask wtf :)
    should get your stuff next week

ah well, get thee to gmail and politely ask wtf :)
    should get your stuff next week

Contacted the people at the site, they apologized and said it would be in the post on Monday, all sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Hey guys. Does anybody know of delivery times from liberty flights uk? Ordered some stuff today and not sure when to wait for it to arrive.
    Has anybody tried pink spot liquids? Heard some good things about them, want to try now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Why do the vapour store not stock cartomisers?

I have no idea, I'm always asking them to get them in and they always tell me they'll look into it but they still don't stock them :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Nonamigo wrote: »
    Hey guys. Does anybody know of delivery times from liberty flights uk? Ordered some stuff today and not sure when to wait for it to arrive.
    Has anybody tried pink spot liquids? Heard some good things about them, want to try now:)

Took over a week the last time I ordered from them. Sorry dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Nonamigo wrote: »

Took over a week the last time I ordered from them. Sorry dude.
    Oh well... Will post a review of 5 juices as soon as I try them. Thanks for your answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Tayla wrote: »
    Why do the vapour store not stock cartomisers?

I have no idea, I'm always asking them to get them in and they always tell me they'll look into it but they still don't stock them :(

Strange. They are losing business because they don't stock them. Usually somebody would buy some juice at the same time. At this stage, I think the cartomisers are a must have for the eCig shops.

Found an interesting link well the table in it once you decipher it ! I'll try post it here though wondering if I am allowed to do so as s newbie
    http://www.healthnz.co.nz/Ruyan_ecigarette.htm
    Compares cigs, e cigs, and nicotine inhalers I found it good have a look if you're bored ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Strange. They are losing business because they don't stock them. Usually somebody would buy some juice at the same time. At this stage, I think the cartomisers are a must have for the eCig shops.

They don't seem to introduce new products very often. There aren't many still doing prefilled cartridges and they do seem to be a bit on the expensive side and no free shipping. Still, they do provide a very good service and next day delivery.

aye I made a pretty big mistake on an order before and they were very helpful about it, didn't even call me an idiot once :)

Happy New Year! Hope everyone is doing good esp if this is your first full day off smoking! Good luck (in a non Liam Neeson 'Taken' tone)

Getting on good with these boyos so far actually like the chocolate vapor not too sweet but feels effective! :D

also found this -

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/revolution-in-smoking-aims-to-stub-out-cigarettes--with-the-help-of-tobacco-firms-6283415.html

they may become much more accessable although in fairness my local chemist did have what seemed like a generic brand of ecigs for a while but they have stopped stocking them now which seems a little unfair to those who just need new carts who bought the rest of the components at the start.... Irrelevant thought!

New joye510 cartomizer just killed my best battery, LCD display 1100mah battery that was lasting 550 puffs on the register between charges!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Tom123 wrote: »
    New joye510 cartomizer just killed my best battery, LCD display 1100mah battery that was lasting 550 puffs on the register between charges!:mad:

I've had that happen, its :eek: and :mad:ing.
    hope you have a spare battery

• Advertisement

tommy2bad wrote: »
    I've had that happen, its :eek: and :mad:ing.
    hope you have a spare battery

Still have 4 working batteries and 1 manual that fires automatically when I screw in anything :) in case of emergencies.

Advertisement