Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

In this price you can get only disposable e-cigarette or some cheap scrap.
    Get regular starter kit like DSE 901 (35euro), Joye 510 or Joye eGo (best for heavy smokers).

Maybe so but mine is still going strong.Battery is only starting to give up now--its only holding a charge for 10-15 minutes max.

Anyone point me in the direction of a really long lasting battery??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

herosa wrote: »
    The uk ban isnt official yet. The decision will be announced in the autumn but it isnt looking good.If its anything good or interesting then yes Ireland always lags behind in implementing it but when it comes to losing taxes I think they will be pretty quick to follow the lead of the uk! I would say customs will be pulling in those packages in no time. Time to stockpile maybe?

It's important to remember that the worst that will happen in the UK is that suppliers will not be allowed to sell nicotine containing products like the liquid. It will still be possible to buy it form China, Europe & the US for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

eGo battery is the best. Regular one is 650mAh eGo XL is 900 or 1000mAh. For me one eGo 900mAh that's two days of vaping.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Maybe so but mine is still going strong.Battery is only starting to give up now--its only holding a charge for 10-15 minutes max.

Well you'll never part me from my Silver Bullet (same guy does the BB and the new Omega). Expensive but it takes standard lithium 18650 batteries and a charge lasts for 2 days in general and it's a thing of beauty. Any device that takes any of the standard lithium batteries (e.g. the Screwdriver) will be much cheaper in the long run than an ego/riva as you simply buy more of the lithium batteries which are quite cheap. The attraction of the ego is the simplicity.

Opit wrote: »
    eGo battery is the best. Regular one is 650mAh eGo XL is 900 or 1000mAh. For me one eGo 900mAh that's two days of vaping.

I love my ego but at the end of the day all of these devices use lithium batteries which only have so many recharges before they need to be replaced. With the ego that means buying a whole new ego battery while with other mods you just have to buy some more cheap lithium batteries.

• Advertisement

We all saving big money on e-cig so I really don't care if I need new battery every 3-6 months which cost me only 20-25 euros. That's just not big deal.
    Regular eGo is sexy and still not too big. That was my dream get some e-cig which can work for whole day without charging. I must carry with me only small bottle of ejuice and spare atomizer (just for case).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭noxqs

I've been vaping on an iCig for the past week, didnt touch a real cigarette and nor did I really want to.

So I went all out and ordered a Silver Bullet, extra atomizers and batteries, charger, lots of liquid, drip caps and carts. For a 130 pounds worth in total or about 170 euros.

I thought that was crazy after paying, but then again, its less than a months worth of my usual old smoking. And this looks to last me quite awhile.

I might not be over my nicotine cravings, but at least I dont smell and feel bad anymore. The plan is not really to stop nicotine, I doubt I can do that.. Just yet. I am just happy to be off the real cigarettes for the moment.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Cool those Bullets look amazing.

Now next question.Just gav emy dad a starter pack and hes hooked but hes more interested in the dse601 pipe--Hes always been a pipe smoker all his life.

Wheres the best place to buy??

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Cool those Bullets look amazing.

Now next question.Just gav emy dad a starter pack and hes hooked but hes more interested in the dse601 pipe--Hes always been a pipe smoker all his life.

Wheres the best place to buy??

China probably - Eastmall do it and I've bought from them before. About 10 days delivery and good prices - http://eastmall.net//Products/ShowProduct.aspx?pid=100000240

Other alternatives:-

KR mini - http://www.healthcabin.net/kr-mini-pipe-wholesale-1033.html, http://heaven-gifts.com/?product-176.html

I don't know much about the pipes re. whats good and not etc. but ask on UK Vapers if you want to know as there are one or two pipe users there.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭herosa

Can anyone tell me about priming the atty? I have read back some posts about people blowing in it etc to remove a bad taste. Whats the technique? Ps I have a tornado.

• Advertisement

herosa wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me about priming the atty? I have read back some posts about people blowing in it etc to remove a bad taste. Whats the technique? Ps I have a tornado.

I described it a few posts back. Maybe I wasn't descriptive enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

nesf wrote: »
    By the way guys I'm finding the e-juice from ENjuice to be of superb quality and really good value (the Value Vape range). Good throat hit and excellent vapour production. £12.95 for 30ml combined with their range of flavours is definitely not to be sniffed at.

http://www.enjuice.co.uk/magento/ (5% discount code: ECR69 (not my code, I earn nothing from it))

I'm expecting an order from them this week. Cheap p&p too. Getting an order in from StrictlyEjuice too https://strictlyejuice.com/ Very nice people to deal with. I ordered a 30ml bottle of e-liquid and they wrote and told me they'd send me a 10ml bottle of my choice for free to make up for having to pay the 5 dollar postage fee!!

Anyone know some e-shop here in Ireland with ejuice and 510 PCC? My brother also needs new eGo/Tornado full starter kit.

Anyone know some e-shop here in Ireland with ejuice and 510 PCC? My brother also needs new eGo/Tornado full starter kit.

Here ya go http://www.thevapourstore.ie/accessories/cat_9.html

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/e-liquid/cat_15.html

Next day delivery if you order before 3pm ;)

and... http://www.e-smokeytreats.ie/JOYE_eGo_electronic_cigarette_p/joye%20ego.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Brandon111

Most electronic cigarettes employ a lithium-ion rechargeable battery to power the heating element. Battery life varies depending on the battery type and size, frequency of use, and operating environment. Many different battery charger types are available, such as wall outlet, car, and USB chargers. The battery is generally the largest component of an electronic cigarette.
    Some electronic cigarettes employ an electronic airflow sensor to automatically activate the heating element upon inhalation, while other models require the user to press a button while inhaling. Various other electronic circuits are usually employed as well, such as a timed cutoff switch to prevent overheating and a colored LED to signal activation of the device and also to mimick the glow of a cigarette's end tip.

<snip - mod edit>

http://www.thevapourstore.ie are getting in an order of Ego stuff soon...mega batteries, carts, atties, drip tips etc. :D

That's from wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_cigarette

Many other web pages using that txt:
    http://www.cloud9smoking.com/electronic_cigarette_from_wikipedia_the_free_encyclopedia.html
    http://www.njoyecigarette.com/ecigarette2.html

I'll order some kits from www.thebestshop.eu because they have nice discount at the moment. I must get TECC Tornado for my brother and also Joye 510 starter kit for my friend. That will be nice bday gift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭itchyblood

I got one of the cheap E-cigarettes in the Paprika Hungarian shop on Parnell st. today. First impressions are that it's okay. Just getting used to taking longer, more gentle pulls. I got the 12mg one for €14.99. I don't really like the tobacco taste, though. After this battery gives up, I reckon I might give a better one ago. Thanks Hellrazer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Count1

itchyblood wrote: »
    I got one of the cheap E-cigarettes in the Paprika Hungarian shop on Parnell st. today. First impressions are that it's okay. Just getting used to taking longer, more gentle pulls. I got the 12mg one for €14.99. I don't really like the tobacco taste, though. After this battery gives up, I reckon I might give a better one ago. Thanks Hellrazer.

Do they sell ejuice there too?

• Advertisement

Count1 wrote: »
    Do they sell ejuice there too?

I don't think so. I didn't see it on the counter. They use nicotine cartridges for their e cigarettes so I doubt it. Give them a ring maybe. The girls that work in there are so nice.

I got my order from www.thebestshop.eu :D
    I bought TECC Tornado, TECC 510/Titan with PCC kit, regular Joye 510, some parts and couple eLiquids (10ml ones). All with free shipping :)
    All fast and professional same like vapour store. That's also Co.Galway
    I gonna make another order before 10% discount ends. Will take juices and eGo 1000mAh batt.
    Anyone know something about 510 atomizer without wick material under the bridge like here http://www.thebestshop.eu/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=133 ? Really strange :confused:

I think they should set flat shipping rate for small orders like smokey treats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 Maxav

Just came across this thread and thought I'd throw my 2p in.
    As of today and with the help of E-cigs I'm now a year off the fags, that's right and I never thought I'd say it ONE YEAR:D:D:D
    This time last year I took a hard look at myself and realised that I was going to put myself into an early grave if I kept going the way I was. 45 years old, 5foot 10, 16stone and slightly more than a pack a day. Smoking since I was 14 and never gave up for more than a month at any time.:eek:
    Now I'd already tried e-cigs, got sucked in to the spiel from one of the "smoking anywhere" hawkers that are in a lot of the American shopping malls.........complete and utter you know what! Didn't last two days..........
    But I'd kept an eye on the forums etc and realised that there were other ones out there that actually worked and after joining weightwatchers and losing four pounds the first week I decided that giving up the fags at some undetermined time in the future wasn't going to be the excuse to pile on the weight again!:(
    The 510 or Titan as they call it from Totallywicked was my first purchase along with the requisite liquids and believe it or not some of the original batteries from a year ago are still working, a coupleof months down the line I bought a screwdriver, again from Totallywicked (I'm not endorsing them it just happens to be the ones I used) and I've been using that ever since.
    Now I'm vaping 0% nicotine and actually only use it two or three times a day, even if I go away for a day or two it doesn't actually bother me if I take it with me or not but it's still a handy crutch to have at hand.
    I know it's not actually advertised as a means to give up the dreaded fags but all I can say is that it worked for me, it still takes determination but it's a hell of a lot easier than any of the other methods I tried down the years.
    So good luck to all those who try, your health will improve and in these recessionary times your wealth will as well:D............eventually!!:rolleyes:

itchyblood wrote: »
    I don't think so. I didn't see it on the counter. They use nicotine cartridges for their e cigarettes so I doubt it. Give them a ring maybe. The girls that work in there are so nice.

Thanks itchyblood. Might pop in there during the week if I get a chance.

I think mewso mentioned the Silver Bullet and the Omega. I have been looking at reviews of the Omega over the last few days and all the reviewers seem bowled over by it. It looks pretty amazing too. Could be a nice upgrade on my trusty Tornado!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Ordered a Prodigy V3 from Cloud9Vaping.co.uk. Will get back to ye with reports once it arrives and I've a chance to test it out.

Yeah, please do. My head is wrecked from each different compnay saying their e-cigs are the best.

Just got email from thebestshop.eu
    There will be new eGo 650 battery with USB passthrough build in. Wow :)
    Nothing about price.
    I got also my last order. Atomizer in 510B starter kit is really strong. Taste much much better at regular 510.
    Bad thing is manual battery has hole like auto battery. After all i love it :)

There will be new eGo 650 battery with USB passthrough build in. Wow

http://www.ivapour.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=ego+usb+battery&price=2%2C10

In other news I noticed TheVapourStore now have the eGo and mega attys or whatever they are called. I am realy liking the mega attys with mega cart. I ordered some of their new premium e-liquid too to check it out as they have 20% off 30ml at the moment.

• Advertisement

I see that McCabes Pharmacies are now selling the e-cig too! Quite surprised by this given the recent debate on e-cigs but if the pharmacies are weighing in on the whole thing I would say it is good news.

Advertisement