Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on Person to Person section?

Options
  • 12-01-2010 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

From my experiences of trying to transfer money with people in this section has been largely unsuccessful, i don't know whether its down to bad timing, difficult request, or people hate me :pac:, my success rate of getting any type of transfer never happens.

It could also be that people don't check it that often cos its fairly hidden in the Online section,

I was just wondering does anyone else have the same problems?

I didn't think transfers would cos that much clutter on the home page and can totally understand the reasoning for having a set sticky for transfers but transfers only ever get really busy on here when there is an FTOPS or WCOOP or ECOOP or something like that is on

General thoughts on the subject

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I am not sure where the most appropriate place is for them - but the main Poker forum is not, IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

Id usually just post it in the BBV as it'll get noticed alot quicker. I think it would be better placed stickied in the main forum tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

FeetMagic wrote: »
    Id usually just post it in the BBV as it'll get noticed alot quicker. I think it would be better placed stickied in the main forum tbh.
    Even stickied in the main forum, if anyone wants a transfer quickly they will just post in the BBV, where the traffic is highest.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭DrJFF

ionapaul wrote: »
    Even stickied in the main forum, if anyone wants a transfer quickly they will just post in the BBV, where the traffic is highest.

never even thought of the BBV, i think the sticky should be on the main forum btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

I always post in the transfers thread and post a duplicate in the bbv, has never failed yet.
    A couple of weeks ago I received 5 pms within about 15 minutes of posting, bbv power imo.:)

I always make an effort to keep an eye on the transfers thread from day to day and help others out when I can, after all this would never work unless most posters give and take.
    I've found it very handy to be able to transfer funds among ourselves, even if it usually only serves to fund my weekly last minute sunday million sickness.:pac:

For me, the current system is fine the way it is. Putting a stickie on the main page or other alternatives will only serve to encourage scammers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement