Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealing with Trek Prejudice

• 12-01-2010 5:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭

Picture the scene; You're out in public wearing your starfleet issue uniform. You've your phaser at the ready. Your head is full of societal concepts and interstellar diplomacy. Some randomer calls you a 'fag'.

What do you do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Flying leg kick, obviously ;)

captain-kirk-kick.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Flying leg kick, obviously ;)

What about a Klingon roar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Denerick wrote: »
    What do you do?

I set the phaser to level 10, vaporize his ass, then at the hearing claim that he was actually a coalescent organism impersonating the individual who was attempting to absorb me, also, in my semi absorbed state, the creature managed to take only my memories of killing it and being absorbed (name that episode :p)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

step out in front of the next oncoming truck.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭somuj

Aquiel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I set the phaser to level 10

Phft...phasers. I use a Varon T Disruptor :D:D

Seriously though, did any of you ever see the think on sky called "Trekkies"? Its an ancient show, which showed some SERIOUS trek nerds. One woman went to work in a ST2 era uniform equipped with her own communicator and phaser :eek:

Another lad was a member of the Romulan Star Empire I think it was called, and they all had their own ranks etc.

I LOVE Star Trek - but thats just a little strange :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

EnterNow wrote: »
    Phft...phasers. I use a Varon T Disruptor :D:D

Seriously though, did any of you ever see the think on sky called "Trekkies"? Its an ancient show, which showed some SERIOUS trek nerds. One woman went to work in a ST2 era uniform equipped with her own communicator and phaser :eek:

Another lad was a member of the Romulan Star Empire I think it was called, and they all had their own ranks etc.

I LOVE Star Trek - but thats just a little strange :eek:

its not strange once you get used to it. Their making a fantasy world sort of real, its like an rpg in the real world. Did you know the singer out of lost prophets has a starfleet uniform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

The guy that turned the inside of his house/bedroom into a replica Enterprise bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Denerick wrote: »
    Picture the scene; You're out in public wearing your starfleet issue uniform. You've your phaser at the ready. Your head is full of societal concepts and interstellar diplomacy. Some randomer calls you a 'fag'.

What do you do?

Laugh at him, for wearing a soccer jearsey, of a foreign team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Turn around and ignore while whisperng to myself "Captains Log Stardate Blah Blah Blah... First Contact had not being going so well..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

EnterNow wrote: »

Yeah I saw that it was hilarious. Im a closet trek fan myself but those people were mental. I remember a dentist in it as well who wore his uniform to work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Laugh at him, for wearing a soccer jearsey, of a foreign team?

That's a good response!biggrin.gif Although they probably wouldn't see the irony in it!

Koloman wrote: »
    That's a good response!biggrin.gif Although they probably wouldn't see the irony in it!

Probably not but you could get off several cutting remarks which would no doubt do serious damage to their egos, while the smack you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭somuj

Probably not but you could get off several cutting remarks which would no doubt do serious damage to their egos, while the smack you

I think Elim would agree with you :D

somuj wrote: »
    I think Elim would agree with you :D

Good man:D

Advertisement