Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arts degree through fetac level 5.

• 12-01-2010 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi All,
    i'm going to do a Fetac level 5 course in liberal arts in Rathmines College. It says on the UCD and Maynooth websites that they accept this course and hold about 25 places each year for people who apply using this course.

Does anyone have any further info on this? Did you or anyone you know get in using this as their way in?

any further info would be very much welcome.

cheers-Gary. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Reckon you need to contact the admissions office. Here's a link to their webpage
    >da link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

I got into my degree with a Fetac Level 5. The university is normally fine about it, as you say there are a certain number of places available (20 something I believe)

as a tip, for scoring purposes: However many modules you do on your course, your best eight are taken. If you get 8 distinctions and a 2 passes, it just counts as 8 distinctions, if you get 7 distinctions, 2 merits and a pass it counts as 7 disinctions and a merit etc.

Also, CAO messed up my placment when I applied: if they offer you a place lower then your first choice (i.e. if you have Maynooth as your first option, then DIT second for example, and they offer you DIT, DO NOT EXCEPT until you've confirmed with your first placement that you indeed didnt get it.)

this happened to me, and it was only when I rang NUIM to ask what went wrong (I was wondering if I read the admissions wrong or somehow missed one of the things needed to get in) that they told me I was on the register and due to begin in September! If I hadnt rang I would have clicked except for my 2nd (or 3rd, cant remember) option instead, and would have ended up somewhere else.

Advertisement