Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are bank drafts transferrable

Options
  • 12-01-2010 6:04pm

I want to get some An Post Savings Certificates but in my father's name. If I get a bank draft made payable to An Post and give it to my Dad can he then go in and successfully apply? I've tried transferring the cash from my account to his with online banking but there seems to be a €13K limit.

I can't remember if it says on a bank draft from where it's coming from....thnks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I dont think it does say the payers name just the payees name. Im almost sure. What you could do is transfer part of the funds today and the rest tomorrow or go to the bank and ask them to do it.

Jet Black wrote: »
    I dont think it does say the payers name just the payees name. Im almost sure.
    Excellent, thats what I thought too
    What you could do is transfer part of the funds today and the rest tomorrow or go to the bank and ask them to do it.

Ask the bank? I don't think they do bank to bank transfers in UB. I know it sounds ridiculous but I can remember a teller informing me of that admittedly a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

A cheque or draft payable to An Post should be perfectly acceptable.

My father recently gave me a cheque payable to An Post for savings certs for his grandchildren - not a problem

Advertisement