Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

insurance companies that do both bike and car policies

• 12-01-2010 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows companies that let you have a car and bike on the same policy, as i'm getting a cage soon enough, and wanna keep my fazer since it's the sh1t, i'm with quinn atm. 2 years no claims.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,367 ✭✭✭bladespin

None. Some will offer a reduction on a second policy through them, Carole Nash do, I think Adelaide might as well.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

You will have to have/get a seperate policy for the bike and the car.
    You can not have the two on one policy.

The best advice I can give you is to choose the car carefully.

Aon gave me a few quid off because my car is insured by axa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

And Vice Versa :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭smartarse2007

quinn will prob give you money off the car cause you have a policy with a bike with them already and may even reduce your bike premium as you may be using the bike less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭philgunn

Press Carole Nash , they offer a six wheel policy in the UK and are hoping to introduce it here

pg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

just rang aon there, they won't insure me on the fazer, unless i have 4 years no claims, or have a grade 2 in assesment, or a full license, and assuming i have grade 2 i was quoted 2000 euro on the fzs600, which is including the 40% reduction for being insured with axa, so €3333.33333-> without the car, i'm payin 800 with quinn, srsly, wtf?

Gonna keep my bike policy with quinn for the year in anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭gipi

AON can also give a few quid off even if your car insurance isn't with AXA - my car is insured with zurich and I got the "4+2 wheel" discount too!

So remember to ask!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

I have my car and bike insured with AXA - bike was v cheap this year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Evolution7

Xios wrote: »
    just rang aon there, they won't insure me on the fazer, unless i have 4 years no claims, or have a grade 2 in assesment, or a full license, and assuming i have grade 2 i was quoted 2000 euro on the fzs600, which is including the 40% reduction for being insured with axa, so €3333.33333-> without the car, i'm payin 800 with quinn, srsly, wtf?

Gonna keep my bike policy with quinn for the year in anyway.
    what age are ya??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Evolution7 wrote: »
    what age are ya??

22, have a provisional license

Advertisement