Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slower eircom connection speed in recent weeks (evenings especially)

• 12-01-2010 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

I've got a 1mb eircom broadband connection which I use for gaming now and again and it usually gets by fine but in recent weeks thats generally only during the daytime and from 6 onwards the thing slows to a crawl and makes online play virtually impossible, not only is it slower but it cuts out on occasion altogether kicking me from the game I'm playing.

I did a speedtest a few minutes ago on speedtest.net and I got my upload speed as it should be with my download speed at 0.46 mb/s, less than half what it should be.

What can I do to fix this? Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭vorbis^cs

join the band wagon im on the same boat, contacted eircom about it there a hour ago and they said they dont know how long it will go on for its probably congestion.. so i said those are the times when i use it the most and its just not working for what i use it for, so why should i pay for a service you cannot provide.. they said i cant advise you on that, thank you for calling eircom.

same old **** with them dont give a **** and never will. honestly if was you i would change provider if you can, because of my location there nothing else really for me except anger!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

That sounds like a load of balls on their part, did they give you any suggestions at all or any assurances they were working on improving it?

I've been with eircom for a couple of years now and their connection speed has been fine, never the full 1mb but close enough to it that I can live with it. But it took a sudden dip lately, surely it can't be permanent?

Advertisement