Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Bay FM Film Reviewer

Options
  • 12-01-2010 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭

Ok, each week I hear this girl from the eye cinema "reviewing" the films that are appearing in the eye cinema.

She only watched avatar this week (its out a month), and spoke about Its Complicated and The Road...which she already spoke about last week.

So her title should be "Galway Bay FM Eye Cinema Advertiser".
    Abit of a stupid complaint I know....but sure since its not freezing I need to get my fix

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I'd say the best solution is to tune into a different station altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭BJohnson

You can't go wrong with the reviews at Rotten Tomatoes:

www.rottentomatoes.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

If you dislike the film reviews on GBFM, I would suggest you make use of the internet instead.

http://www.imdb.com/ and http://www.empireonline.com/ are very popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I can never figure out what she is on about, she seems to be all over the place. She does sound hot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Perhaps it's her eastern european accent that gets you going. It is like a glorified ad for the eye cinema through and certainly nothing like an independent review.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

I cant believe any1 under the age of 77 listens to that rubbish station.I travel all over the country and with a couple of exceptions galway bay fm has to be one of the most backward radio stations in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

kinetic wrote: »
    I cant believe any1 under the age of 77 listens to that rubbish station.I travel all over the country and with a couple of exceptions galway bay fm has to be one of the most backward radio stations in ireland.

Then you don't need to worry about their movie reviews do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Then you don't need to worry about their movie reviews do you?

Sorry didnt realise i couldnt comment on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

I can never figure out what she is on about, she seems to be all over the place. She does sound hot though.

i'll shatter that dream, she's not

Damn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Easy on the criticism... Galway is a small town :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭the-island-man

kinetic wrote: »

Ah I wouldn't give it that low of a rating, it can be backwards at times and the station has some terrrriiiibbbllle DJ's but it's good to tune into on saturday evening for instance when all the national stations and I radio seem to play non-stop trance/dance music. Especially I radio, usually a good station but that trance/dance music they play Friday and Saturday night is absolute horse ****e!
    Have you ever tuned into Clare fm or Midwest radio, now they are bog man radio stations in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I have a great fondness for Clare FM! I think it has some great programmes tbh. I used to love it years ago because it was so odd though!

inisboffin wrote: »
    I have a great fondness for Clare FM! I think it has some great programmes tbh. I used to love it years ago because it was so odd though!

Mmmm. Can't understand the appeal myself.

GBFM is backward alright, but when the floods came it was a life-saver!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

As was mentioned, during the floods and the cold snap the morning show have been very good even though they had no-one out on the roads doing traffic reports for alot of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Filth Critic all the way http://www.bigempire.com/filthy/ been a fan since Tim Berners-Lee was in short pants ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

this guy is good too..
    http://maguiresmovies.blogspot.com

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

Lyric, RnG and Radio 1 between them always seem to turn up something interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Newstalk FTW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

Flirt FMs Film Show on Fridays at 4pm is VERY good. The two guys that present it are genuine movie fans and know their stuff.

I know that might come across a bit bias but I genuinely think it's a good show!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭conaire1

I think all reviewers should be required to declare their interests.

Advertisement