Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do ye turn off yer dreamboxes?

• 12-01-2010 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering should dreamboxes be left on all the time? I switch mine off overnight as I unplug everything.
    Does it affect the box having to start up everyday or does it make any difference.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭cauliflower69

What model of dreambox do you have ?

The 800 I know have to be shut down properly not just have the power knocked off as some ppl have had non booting issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Its a 800 HD clone , it just seems to make alot of noise at startup so figured it may not be to good for the box .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I leave mine on standby. Mainly because it takes ages to boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 satfindar

my 800hd still didn't get to watch it for a day:oyet(bought it 3 months ago) but my 7025 always standby or on(best box ever):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Barr wrote:
    Do ye turn off yer dreamboxes?
    I thought leaving them on was the whole idea! ;)

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I leave mine on standby. Mainly because it takes ages to boot.
    Yeah - the boot-up is horrifically long.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

One piece of advice for owners of the dm 800 is always try and power it down properly from the menu. There are reports of numerous errors from just ripping it out at the mains!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭settopbox

I put my 500 into standby at night.
    not sure if it makes any difference to be fair but its a good habit to have in any case.

Advertisement