Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm a loser, help!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Ry wrote: »
    it doesn't work if I'm too bothered already and still raging from a previous game.

I'm assuming you aren't aware of the instant stress relief shortcut built into Windows OS's. Next time you are raging hit Alt+F4 for instant ry rage relief ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Siegfried

o.O try more mate

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I feel exactly the same except I just have more tolerance. I think the two main things that cause the most frustration is flawed execution and luck.

I remember one particular session, I was playing against my bro and he won the majority of fights with a huge margin. I just hated the fact that sometimes I'd choose to start off the round with a tatsu and he'd choose to do srk at the start so he'd counter it. I don't let it out my rage as such but sit very quietly not saying anything, sometimes there'd be the occasional grunt but mostly sit quietly. This is mostly down to my personality. I'm not good with confrontation and rarely let out my rage in general but just boil in anger quietly. I found that it helps if you do something else that you enjoy. For me, I like to go listen to music. It does wonders for me and I'm sure you have your thing.

About playing at tournaments, tbh, I think the main reason why most wouldn't let out their rage is because they know they'll look bad and embarrass themselves. I know thats my reasoning anyway. I remember at the last casuals I was at, I was getting quite frustrated when I was playing Terry but just held it in. Its not being frustrated at playing against Terry himself because he's a sound lad but its just that for about 5 or 6 matches, he knew how to counter my moves very well so I had to flip my game plan round so trying doing that. If you're playing turtle, just flip round and go insane rushdown, no mercy style. It often can throw your opponent aback and in most cases give you the advantage so I guess this sometimes can be a positive of being enraged.

A few years back, I used to compete in regular leagues/championships in LFS (Live For Speed, a racing simulation) and would regularly be confrontational with the other drivers and particularly league managers that I was being treated unfairly when it came racing incidents. In the end, it caused me getting banned from the leagues/championships so it was pretty frustrating to deal with but now, ironically, I'm the guy who is usually calming things down :). The main piece of advice I can offer is throw in a mental marker in your head "don't lose the head" and overtime, it'll stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

You got banned?

*pictures some guy running lep off the track while trying to overtake him. lep: "what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" sprints over to the guy and drop kicks him*

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    You got banned?

*pictures some guy running lep off the track while trying to overtake him. lep: "what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" sprints over to the guy and drop kicks him*

The incident was caught on tape:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I rarely get angry when I lose in 3rd strike.
    I often Get angry when I lose in IV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I rarely get angry when I lose in 3rd strike.
    I often Get angry when I lose in IV.

This.

Hell, SF4 is so damn awkward and not right that even if I'm winning it's probably still annoying the hell out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Leprekaun wrote: »
    I remember one particular session, I was playing against my bro and he won the majority of fights with a huge margin. I just hated the fact that sometimes I'd choose to start off the round with a tatsu and he'd choose to do srk at the start so he'd counter it.

Solution: Don't start off rounds by doing tatsu. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Was quite annoyed after a very ****ty run of days then started doing really dumb things online and getting hit by my very laggy ntl line - whacked a button and now no hard kick for me :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

joconnell wrote: »
    Was quite annoyed after a very ****ty run of days then started doing really dumb things online and getting hit by my very laggy ntl line - whacked a button and now no hard kick for me :D

I'm sure kiki would have one for sale. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

And I will buy one when I pay for the floorboards that my washing machine warped when its waste pipe pulled away from the wall :D

In better news I looked at one of loltimas vids again and noticed he doesn't bother trying to roll one of the forward inputs of an srk into a focus dash and it's made my srk into fierce shaku a lot better. rar.

Advertisement