Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning a masters thesis into a journal article / paper

Options
  • 12-01-2010 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

It's been suggested that I might submit a paper based on my master's thesis for consideration to an academic journal. i was just wondering would such a paper typically be a condensed version of your thesis with some sections dropped and maybe one or two brought out a bit more, or would it be dramatically different (i.e. involve a total rewrite?). I have looked at the submission guidelines but am not really clear on what the difference would be (except that it would be shorter at between 2-8,000 words and my thesis is about 20,000 or so). I'd really appreciate any feedback from others who may have fashioned a paper from their thesis for publication!

Cheers

Advertisement