Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shrinking digi pics

• 12-01-2010 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Hi,
    not sure where to post this but how do i shrink a digi photo to a new size? i've tried opening a photo in MS paint but it comes up huge and too big for the screen, thanks.
    i've also this prob sometimes when trying to open a pic sent via email - it opens up too big for screen.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

If you just wanna shrink them for e-mails or uploading to facbook etc Id recommend you take a look at Microsoft Powertoys Image Resizer. Its a free download that adds an Image Resize option when you right-click on a picture.
    The XP version is here but a quick google should provide links for similar things for vista/7

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭paddles

If you just wanna shrink them for e-mails or uploading to facbook etc Id recommend you take a look at Microsoft Powertoys Image Resizer. Its a free download that adds an Image Resize option when you right-click on a picture.
    The XP version is here but a quick google should provide links for similar things for vista/7

wow, that's cool and so easy- thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭paddles

i did this but there are big variations in quality. when i have it shrunk it's not as good, the next size up is poorer quality. it's best when i can see it on my screen but doesn;t look as good altered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

depends what browser you are using?
    Firefox will resize a pic to the browser window size and then it will have a + icon for the cursor to zome in, and IE6 upwards has a resize icon on the bottom left or right( cant remember as i dont use it anymore ) if you hover the mouse there to resize it.

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

In MS Paint, you can resize images by going to the 'Image' toolbar and then selecting 'Stretch/Skew'. Ultimately, however, the best free graphics programme that I have ever come across is LView Pro.

Kevin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭slowlydownwards

Advertisement