Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parking Sensors - Galway

• 12-01-2010 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

Where can I get decent parking sensors installed in Galway? I was quoted €400 from "In Car Technology" which seemed a but steep. I know a place in Dublin that charges €250 but don't know anywhere in Galway.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Ebay Parkin sensor

I bought something like the above for the missus's VW Beetle a few years back, worked grand and compared to spending a few hundred quid, she could live with the sensors just being stuck onto the bumper, with a wire running into the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pounder770

I hope i may reply to your question.

Firstly, I am involved in In Car Technology,Galway,and am happy to see you considered us at least!
    The sensors we supply at €400 are top quality OE standard sensors,as supplied to many manufacturers and distributors europe-wide by Cobra Automotive. The price quoted includes professional colour-coding to match your car's paintwork (we use a bodyshop for this,as opposed to a rattle-can and hairdryer)

All i would hope is that you would compare like with like...if budget is an issue,there are cheaper options available....they will work fine,but may well lack the standard of finish offered.

Feel free to call me with any questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

What's wrong with mirrors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭yawn

Women think they're only for use when applying make-up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Is é400 front and back?

How long to fit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

trad wrote: »
    What's wrong with mirrors?
    Wow, I never thought of that. You better try and get that comment deleted or all the companies who make parking sensors will go out of business if people start to hear that all drivers need to do is use mirrors. I can only presume you must be some form of scientist......well done, education well spent.
    Is é400 front and back?

How long to fit?

Just 4 sensors to back. Fitted in half a day. Quite expensive isn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

If you have sat nav you might be able to hook up a wireless reversing camera to your screen, for much less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Skyuser wrote: »
    Just 4 sensors to back. Fitted in half a day. Quite expensive isn't it.
    Someone who has done it before should be able to do it in less than an hour. I bought a colour coded set off ebay and fitted them to my car during the summer. Working perfectly and look factory.

Some bumpers have the correct positions marked on the inside. Mine didn't but it's easily worked around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

What is wrong with learning to use mirrors correctly? Same as reading maps as opposed to being dependant on sat nav.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Extra padding on the bumper, sorted ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

400 euro is very steep in my opinion.!!

The body shop would probably spend more time cleaning the air powered spray gun than actually spraying the sensor considering their surface area.

Just did a quick google:

http://www.mcaireland.com/Cobra_parking_sensors/Cobra_parking_sensors

The supply them for £89.90 they fit them for £90! They are in NI.

Parking sensors are relatively straight forward enough to fit. If you have a bit of patience and are Methodical

One thing to note its some sensors can be painted and some cannot so check the part numbers carefully. Painting them can be a tricky enough business as they require a very fine coat of paint. Some people recommend 2x 1 fine coats + fine coat of lacquer

What kind of car is it?
    There is a How to on the Vwaudi fourm for an audi A3.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭35x

Anybody got info or experience of electromagnetic strip (fitted as an adhesive strip on inside of bumper panel) rather than the fitted sensors?
    This UK company it seems to fit in Ireland also ..... www.parkingdynamics.com

Advertisement