Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Kilmeaden

Options
  • 12-01-2010 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi Folks, just wondering if any of you can tell me what broadband options there are in Kilmeaden?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

the exchange in Kilmeaden is enabled for adsl.

not sure of any wireless providers in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭j walsh

I'm up by the knockaderry lake and I have BT wireless broadband and it's never given any problems, eircom couldn't give me wireless they said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 fitzeyboy

Im in adamstown (near londis) and with BT as well on 7.6 mb package. parents are up near knockaderry and with eircom getting 2mb although I think they are on the dunhill exchange. do you know what exchange you are connected to? as there is some overlap with kill, dunhill and butlerstown exchanges

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

In Gortaclode with 3mb from eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 left winger

fitzeyboy wrote: »
    Im in adamstown (near londis) and with BT as well on 7.6 mb package. parents are up near knockaderry and with eircom getting 2mb although I think they are on the dunhill exchange. do you know what exchange you are connected to? as there is some overlap with kill, dunhill and butlerstown exchanges

in adamstowm myself, been reading some bad reports about bt now that they have hooked up with vodafone (had mobile broadband with vodafone and was not impressed at all). am thinkin of goin with eircom to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

since the switchover to vodafone I havnt had a single problem. no connection problems and no noticible drop off in speed. I had major grief trying to get the speed I wanted with eircom when I first tried to get bb despite me being able to see the exchange from my window and knowing for a fact that the cable to the building is ran directly from the exchange. maybe they have improved since then

Advertisement