Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Your Pipes Frozen?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Another frost last night. It really doesn't look like our pipes are ever going to defrost. Esp as most of the front of the house is in the shade. Anyone else getting worried? The weather is to turn cold again next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

dedon wrote: »
    Another frost last night. It really doesn't look like our pipes are ever going to defrost. Esp as most of the front of the house is in the shade. Anyone else getting worried? The weather is to turn cold again next week.

Ah no I thought we were almost over this cold spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yay got my water back and after a good bit of checking, it seems that I got lucky and have no burst pipes.

Fingers crossed for those that are still waiting.

Thought it was bad form that the City Council finished their collection points for water yesterday. Was good of them to give it a full five days. :rolleyes:

They were quick to slap themselves on the back when they announced it, but did not have the same level of coverage to let people know it was gone from yesterday.

At least the County Council kept the Dooradoyle water point open for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

db wrote: »
    Luke warm water won't defrost frozen pipes. Dump half a dozen kettles of boiling water in there. Then set up a hairdryer blowing at any joints in the cold supply pipework under the sink. A bit of ice from the stop cock could get freed and get stuck in the narrow joints. My pipes were frozen from Friday to Sunday and this is how I got the water running again.

Strange that, neighbour of mine poured about 2 kettles of luke warm water (he was afraid of too much heat) on the stop cock and it did the job, lucky or what. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭nouveau_4.0

My water is still not back, should I be getting worried?

Is there anything I can do to see if the pipes are frozen / burst. I'm pretty sure all the pipes in the house are ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Water back last night. We were all as giddy as school girls when It came back and tosted the return with a beer.

I poured 3 keetles worth of boiling water down the stop cock outside about 2 hours before hand. I don't know if it helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭ludwit

Mulgrave street, water back last night, thanks be to fcuk.

Advertisement