Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

second level student living alone - need advice!

Options
  • 12-01-2010 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi, I have a problem with finding info on the net, so maybe you will help. This is the situation:
    I live in IRL since 3 years with my parenrts, I'm over 18 and in full time education (secondary school). Both of my parents are on the dole.
    Now, there is a question.
    My father got offered a job in Poland and wants to accept it, but:
    If I stay in IRL with my mother she will loose the dole and rent allowance, so I was thinking what will I be entitled for if both of them move to Poland leaving me alone still continuing my schooling.?
    What I found so far is the
    1.Household Benefits Package
    2.Back to Education Allowance (BTEA)
    3.Living Alone Increase Allowance
    4.Basic supplementary Welfare Allowance,

but I'm still not sure what can I get for sure, hope you might help :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If your in second level eduaction you wont qualify for any dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

You would really need to speak to someone in a social welfare office i think, that way you will get real informative answers. good luck :)

Advertisement