Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The thunderdome.

Options
  • 12-01-2010 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭

I think the bad word filter in the thunderdome should be disable, it's just strange to censure them out in a forum where cursing is allowed.

What is the reason for the presence of a bad word filter on that forum ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The filter is sitewide, it can't be changed for individual forums.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

For a second there I was really excited.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

For a second there I was really excited.
    If it makes you feel any better I could call you an over-zealous nazi.

If it makes you feel any better I could call you an over-zealous nazi.

Well speaking as an apathetic libertarian I would be disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Well speaking as an apathetic libertarian I would be disgusted.

I wouldn't have pegged you for a librarian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Like AlmightyCushion said, it's a sitewide setting. Words can be added or deleted from the filter but it's either all on or all off.

I wouldn't have pegged you for a librarian
    Ghost train I fear you and I have been a catalyst in taking this valuable feedback thread somewhat off the rails.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You just have to be more imaginative with your curses, like Darn, Heck, Balls, etcetera.
    See - no stars for those words.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

..or get rid of the thunderdome all together.

How people get enjoyment from been verbally nasty to each other bothers me somewhat.

Try Knitting.

snyper wrote: »

How people get enjoyment from been verbally nasty to each other bothers me somewhat

It's culchie pillow talk. We love that stuff out here in the sticks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

How people get enjoyment from been verbally nasty to each other bothers me somewhat.

Try Knitting.

My Advice: Don't use it.

Seriously, why are people always trying to stop other people from doing stuff just because it doesn't appeal to them personally? No-one is holding a gun to your head, you don't have to read the 'dome.

Plus, nasty? Tell you what snyper, create a new account, go into the insult thread and insult one of the regulars. Then watch all the other regulars defend that person. It's not nasty, it's just banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

If it wasn't for the Thunderdome I'd have banned a long time ago, it's my go-to place to vent if something pisses me off

tbh wrote: »
    My Advice: Don't use it.

I dont
    Seriously, why are people always trying to stop other people from doing stuff just because it doesn't appeal to them personally?

Im not.
    Plus, nasty?It's not nasty, it's just banter.

Strange type of banter.

Look i wouldnt get rid of the 'dome, nor would i use it. Im merely lost as to how someone enjoys "banter" that involves insulting other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I reckon the swear filter adds to the dome.

Rather than having the usual boring swear words the users are much more creative with the guff cos they have to be.

@ snyper,do you not insult your mates.I know I and my friends do it to eachother and it is just banter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Im not.

Or maybe you are?? :)

Strange type of banter.
    banter all the same. There's no malice in it, it's just.....banter.
    Look i wouldnt get rid of the 'dome, nor would i use it. Im merely lost as to how someone enjoys "banter" that involves insulting other people.

I don't understand how someone would enjoy banter about them being a paedo - horses for courses tho, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Try Knitting.

Don't be silly , where would they have to be act the tough guy if that happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:rolleyes:

Feedback thread maybe?

tbh wrote: »
    I don't understand how someone would enjoy banter about them being a paedo - horses for courses tho, right?

Your images of me fapping at any refrences toward my good self are misguided.

Advertisement