Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ideas for Sunday (Dublin/Meath/Kildare)

• 12-01-2010 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi,

My girlfriend and I's anniversary is coming up and I wanted to take her somewhere during the day on Sunday. (after wining and dining Saturday of course! :) ).

Any ideas? Dublin, Kildare, Meath all viable options.

Obviously the weather's awful so I'd say castles and the like are out, as is the guinness brewery (been there too many times already).

Thanks!
    V

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe Newgrange but it depends on the weather really, and if it's even open this time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Velocitee

good idea but would like to completely avoid anywhere outside this weekend, Too cold/ wet/ windy at the moment.

Any more ideas more than welcome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

How about a drive up to www.glendalough.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Magnus wrote: »
    Maybe Newgrange but it depends on the weather really, and if it's even open this time of year.

It's open alright but it will probably be jammed.

The roads are lethal around here lately, fine for the last couple of days but if the cold snap returns this is a no go area.

I live opposite Newgrange.

Sally Gap is a beautiful drive, again not sure how the weather will be up that way.

One place does spring to mind, Flagstaff, Newry, it's a mere 20 minutes from Drogheda, here is the view over Carlingford Lough:

Flagstaff.jpg

Onwards from here you can make your way via Warrenpoint, the road on the left on the photo above, onwards to Rostrevor. Honestly mate, it's such a cool drive once you leave Warrenpoint, you are right down beside the Lough and the view and peacefulness is astounding.

Drive onwards ( couple of mins ) to Rostrevor and pull into the Park, you can drive up through the forest (1 way) and park in the car park half-way up the mountain, there you get out and have a stretch up the rest of the pathway to the top of the mountain and believe me the view is breathe-taking.

It's such a hiddem gem all around that area and not many people from the Repulic are aware how gorgeous it is.

I frequent Newry/Belfast at least twice a week and we (my partner) usually take a drive to Rostrevor via Flagstaff at least once a fortnight.

If you want any further info or directions just let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

View from Rostrevor:

rostrevorthebigstone.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement