Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound galloping in Athlone

• 12-01-2010 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Does anyone no anywhere in Athlone where i could gallop my greyhounds, some long straight flat grass. Not living here that long.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

athlone M wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Does anyone no anywhere in Athlone where i could gallop my greyhounds, some long straight flat grass. Not living here that long.

Wansboroughs feild at the bottom of assumption road is a pretty big lump of grass.

There is a lad who trains dogs in newtown carburry, has a run there and everything, maybe he would let you use the traps and run there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭athlone M

Thanks for that info. Where abouts is newtown carburry, i live in cypress gardens would it be far from there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

if you head out towards the give, take the left turn over the rail way bridge just before the grove service station and then the next right, there a re like two or 3 houses there, one of them has a load of dogs out the back, thats your man.

Advertisement