Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I join UPC?

• 12-01-2010 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I currently am on the 1mb Perlico connection and I badly need to change isp.
    Perlico have a download cap of 30gigs/month which I go over alot.

I've been looking at joining UPC since I allready have their digital television.
    Their new 15mb connection seems pretty good but the thing is, I download torrents and have heard that they really slow down the speeds you can download at, is this true? Is there a way around this or would I just have to download from sites like rapidshare etc.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

They do not throttle torrents. They only slow down the speed a bit at peak times (6-9pm) like all isps do :D. Id say go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Cadiz

UPC tend to have good broadband deals, esp. for bundles and good speeds but the customer service, as you probably know already is truly dreadful.

Advertisement