Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise from Wicklow mountains

Options
  • 12-01-2010 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

What is that rumblin noise from the Wicklow mountains around Blessington Lakes. Its not windy where I am now (close to Blessington) but the mountains sound like a thousand rivers are gushing into the lakes. Its cool but a bit eerie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

Its big -foot having a slash in the lake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

An avalanche?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Mr Yellow

Think the answer is probably in your statement
    nudelude wrote: »
    sound like a thousand rivers are gushing into the lakes..
    Its prob melting water hitting the rivers...? Or maybe big foot!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Volcano :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

It's WolfIRE's banshee :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Wolfe experienced similar eerie noises for hours last night, untill he finally established that it was his stomach rumbling. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Could it be ice breaking up on Blessington Lakes? I can remember someone who lived beside Lough Allen in Co Leitrim in 1947 telling me about the loud noises when the ice broke up during the thaw in March. True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

sonic boom from an airplane??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

The noise is team Gormley crushing giant rocks into grit to keep the country moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

nudelude wrote: »
    What is that rumblin noise from the Wicklow mountains around Blessington Lakes. Its not windy where I am now (close to Blessington) but the mountains sound like a thousand rivers are gushing into the lakes. Its cool but a bit eerie.
    That was just me taking a wee :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Wasn't it something to with ESB generators or something last night?

Advertisement