Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What hotel is this?

Options
  • 12-01-2010 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭

I need some help, i'm looking for a specific hotel in or around Belfast, i've heard of it before but can't remember.

It's a nice posh place, just outside the city (i think).
    A lot of high profile guests stay there (Bands who play the Odyssey)

All it is i'm travelling up to see Metallica when they play 2 nights in the city and it would be cool if could stay in same hotel as the band, meet them and all

Hope some1 can help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I stayed in a place called the radison thats a bit outside the city. Has a pool, nice rooms and a deadly breakfast buffet.

Think there's a hilton too though so....

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

Maybe you are thinking about the Culloden Hotel...5 star hotel...on the road out towards Bangor just by Hollywood...still classed as being in Belfast though on its website...only 5 miles from the city centre apparently!
    England football's team stayed there...Westlife have stayed there...Lionel Richie has stayed there...many a celebrity...except me!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

La Mon maybe? Bit further out but I know it's frequented by many high profile sports folk etc. As to where Metallica might stay, I know a guy who knows a guy so I'll ask around :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

As previously mentioned, a lot of celebs use Culloden hotel (between Belfast and Bangor).

The sports clubs etc makes me think you might be talking about the Hilton Templepatrick hotel and country club which is between Belfast and Antrim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Merchant hotel is in city centre, it attracts famous folk to stay aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

pow wow wrote: »
    La Mon maybe? Bit further out but I know it's frequented by many high profile sports folk etc. As to where Metallica might stay, I know a guy who knows a guy so I'll ask around :cool:

If ya could find out that'd be deadly

Just priced up The Culloden, 190quid a night :eek::eek::eek:

Don't really wanna book there and pay that then find out they're stayin in the feckin travelodge!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

There's a lovely B&B in the south of the city. I'm sure metallica would love a comfy little place like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

scudzilla wrote: »
    I need some help, i'm looking for a specific hotel in or around Belfast, i've heard of it before but can't remember.

It's a nice posh place, just outside the city (i think).
    A lot of high profile guests stay there (Bands who play the Odyssey)

All it is i'm travelling up to see Metallica when they play 2 nights in the city and it would be cool if could stay in same hotel as the band, meet them and all

Hope some1 can help

The Europa is the most famous Belfast hotel and a lot of celebs would stay there, though it's in the city.

Advertisement