Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dollhouse S02E12 "The Hollow Men" [US] **Spoilers**

• 12-01-2010 10:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

From the online blurb and promo it looks cracking! :D

FYI, Sci-Fi UK starts up Dollhouse again, tonight i think :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭elleelle19

Just seen on Twitter that the last episode of DH has been pushed back to 29/01

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It was very good alright. What they did with Boyd was poetic. :)

I assume from the shot at the end (of the 2 buildings), everything was backed up/duplicated in the other building? Or the other building was manufacturing facility. It'll be interesting to see how it all ends....

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Didn't think they could top the twists and revelations of the last episode...and I was right. It felt a bit rushed, no real explanation of Boyd being the man behind the curtain. How could he know that Echo would be so special? For a corridor that does the old "blowing up in slow motion", the building looked pretty untouched. Kind of anti-climactic.

Probably budget constraints or something, but it just didn't feel as menacing as a supercorporation should feel. Ah well, Epitaph 2 in two weeks should wrap it up.

Didn't Whiskey end up in the Dollhouse again as Saunders after this? I seem to remember seeing her in Epitaph One after Boyd left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I didn't enjoy this as much as last week, but it was still a good ep. When Victor and Sierra came back, I said, well no more knock out impersonations for Gjokaj, but thankfully I was wrong. I don't know why Amy Acker was there - OK, I was happy to see the actress, but it made no sense.

I didn't think Boyd was a doll, but it made sense in hindsight that the head of Rossum wouldn't be using his own body in the manipulation of Caroline and co. in much the same way as Clyde swapped bodies. And how did Caroline get out of the building? A-Team like realism there!

As for the tech, no company would only keep plans in one location so destroying the hub of Rossum would not guarantee a happy ending. I'm curious now as to what next week will bring, and hope it's not left too open ended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yeah, thought it was slightly disappointing compared to the last few weeks, but I guess they needed to wrap up as much as possible in this episode... In that sense it was good...
    I don't think Boyd was a doll all along - Topher used the new technology on him to make him a doll at the end, so it could've just been him...
    I wonder why they didn't show Anthony/Viktor or somone carrying Whiskey from the building at the end... if we're to believe in any of Epitaph One she has to leave that building... Or are we just to assume that somehow she got out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Now I feel thick for not copping on what really happened to Boyd! But the question still stands - would there not be multiple Boyd's at the other Dollhouses ready to take his place?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,042 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Was good though it felt like a bit of a rush job. Hoping next week's episode gives a satisfying resolution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Now I feel thick for not copping on what really happened to Boyd! But the question still stands - would there not be multiple Boyd's at the other Dollhouses ready to take his place?:confused:

Maybe he had never copied himself in order to remain unknown... People knew about Clyde because he had imprinted himself into many bodies...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It was good without topping last weeks heroics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

I don't know why Amy Acker was there - OK, I was happy to see the actress, but it made no sense.

I assume that its due to the buget cuts; It was more likely cheaper to use an actor already on payroll/contract than hire a new one, as they needed someone to play Cylde.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Didn't think they could top the twists and revelations of the last episode...and I was right. It felt a bit rushed, no real explanation of Boyd being the man behind the curtain. How could he know that Echo would be so special? For a corridor that does the old "blowing up in slow motion", the building looked pretty untouched. Kind of anti-climactic.

Probably budget constraints or something, but it just didn't feel as menacing as a supercorporation should feel. Ah well, Epitaph 2 in two weeks should wrap it up.

Didn't Whiskey end up in the Dollhouse again as Saunders after this? I seem to remember seeing her in Epitaph One after Boyd left.

That shot wa re-used from another ep.

I feel the same as others, it was good but not stellar like ep. 5-11, the ep. felt a bit weird. I loved Enver as Topher...class act once again and very funny. Mellie......NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :-(

I kinda thought for awhile her and Ballard would be all loved up in the future, activating the sleeper, nice little nod toward the truely standout ep. of series 1....for me *that* sequence was the defacto standout twist of the entire two seasons, with Whiskey shooting Bennett second, the the Boyd reveal third.

But the "Mellie is a Doll" reveal floored me!!!!, so using this twist in this ep. was kinda good. As others have said this ep. just lacked something, it's like they were holding the REAL story back for Epitaph 2.

I'm guessing Wheadon is writing/directing the last ep. - anyone confirm?, will they broadcast Epitaph One next week?

Boyd wsn't a Doll, Topher just wiped him....i don't belive Boyd is dead, he must have made a wedge of himself and as for the tech....of course Rossum would have backups.

when you think about it redundancy and backups is a key item in the dollverse. Alpha is coming back in the lat ep., clearly there is still more to the DH and Caroline. Whiskey/Alpha/Echo are connected to each other more i think.

Very good ep. but not a patch on ep. 5-11.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Good episode, though slightly disappointing after the brilliance of the past few week. As shocking as it would be I really wanted one of the main characters to be killed off, had Paul shot and killed DeWitt still thinking it was her fault it would have been rather epic. As it was it just felt incredibly rushed, though that's hardly the writers fault. Can't believe there's just one more episode *sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Rob30888 wrote: »
    As shocking as it would be I really wanted one of the main characters to be killed off
    Eh Boyd?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

robby^5 wrote: »
    Eh Boyd?

One of the ones we cared about!

:eek: You take that back... We did care about Boyd... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

I cared! :(

(well up until you know what happened, the sneaky git)

Mellie died you heartless creatures!!!!.....the most lovable DH character is no more!!

Advertisement