Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Away in Meath

Options
  • 12-01-2010 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi Folks. Looking for a nice hotel to stay in in March for a weekend away and also to go and see Newgrange. Any good deals going? Two nights B&B with two dinners in a nice hotel is exactily what we are looking for. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

i may be biased but trim?

the castle arch hotel is just lovely and the staff are really friendly and helpful.

you wont be far from newgrange and there's also the castle in the town!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Will you have your own car/transport?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Yes, I have a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

First choice for me would be Bellinter House, which is near Tara. Good value mid-week, or phoning up on the day. Have been there several times and enjoyed it.

Closer to Newgrange would be Tankardstown House, near Slane. Have not stayed there (yet) but have enjoyed a few meals there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

It's a little bit beyond Drogheda but my brothers wedding reception was in the City North Hotel off the M1 in Gormanstown.

Really nice place with a great breakfast and the staff were fantastic. OK, no pool but it was a really relaxing place, rooms spotless and warm and good bar staff. :)

I think they have a 99 euro deal on at the moment too.

• Advertisement

Looked a few hotels BUT they are dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

where did you check and whats your budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CityNorth Hotel

Dear Coolaboy,

The 4* CityNorth Hotel would be delighted to offer you exceptional value with a €99 per person rate which includes 2 nights B&B with dinner on one evening.

As a special 'boards.ie' gesture & in appreciation of your business, I will be happy to upgrade you and your partner to one of our Mini Suites.

There is a host of activity around the area with Newgrange just 15 mins by car. In fact, CityNorth makes an ideal starting point for a 'Boyne Valley' Tour which will bring you on to Navan & Trim (which is a nice area as the other reviewer suggested.

Feel free to contact me directly for any further information or to make a booking.

Its nice to be planning a date in your diary for a shortbreak. Helps to keep the Jan blues at bay!...

Best wishes from Ladonna Tallon - Tel: 01 690 6625

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

washiskin wrote: »
    It's a little bit beyond Drogheda but my brothers wedding reception was in the City North Hotel off the M1 in Gormanstown.

Really nice place with a great breakfast and the staff were fantastic. OK, no pool but it was a really relaxing place, rooms spotless and warm and good bar staff. :)

I think they have a 99 euro deal on at the moment too.

Hey CNH, Do I get anything for the shameless plug? ^^^ ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CityNorth Hotel

Dear Washiskin

It was remiss of me not to thank you for the recommendation and I hope you had a great time at your brothers wedding..

Thanks for your lovely feedback and of course - you'll be most welcome to return to us for an overnight, whereupon I will ensure you enjoy a complimentary room upgrade also.

Best wishes,
    Ladonna

• Advertisement

Thanks Ladonna, that sounds good. I will be getting in touch with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

Conyingham Arms Hotel. Right in the middle of Slane (5 mins from Newgrange).
    There is a B&B directly across the road from the Newgrange visitor center also. Id reckon both the Citynorth an Trim would be a bit far from Newgrange.

Thanks for all the help folks.

Advertisement