Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sol Campbell to Arsenal?

• 12-01-2010 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Just read there on Goal.com that Sol Campbell is in Arsenals reserve squad for there game tonight with a view to a permanent move.Bit of a strange one i think myself....whats the general consensus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Animo wrote: »
    Just read there on Goal.com that Sol Campbell is in Arsenals reserve squad for there game tonight with a view to a permanent move.Bit of a strange one i think myself....whats the general consensus?
    Look in the Arsenal Forum :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yeah Sky had a report on it. He will be playing for the Arsenal second string against the West Ham second string with it basically being a trial for him going back to Arsenal.

Must say that I did not see that coming.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

It'll bring the average age of the squad up about 4 years :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i saw that on news at 11

;)

but being serious

he wouldnt be the worse back up CB, I reckon he could still do a job at the highest level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I look forward to April 10th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

haha sorry didnt realize it had come out so early...exams today so a bit behind the times it appears:o

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

My birthday! awww, thanks man!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Bring it on, Sol to score the winning goal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Am sure he is being lined up towards a future coaching role. Can't imagine Wenger thinks theres THAT much to be gotten from him as a footballer still, although he may come in handy enough if an injury crisis strikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

DSB wrote: »
    Am sure he is being lined up towards a future coaching role. Can't imagine Wenger thinks theres THAT much to be gotten from him as a footballer still, although he may come in handy enough if an injury crisis strikes.

You'd think that but...

gun__1219306198_silvestre_gallery1.jpg

I think this is a massive step backwards considering it is being used to basically force Senderos out of the club.
    Although to be honest I'd rather Sol that Silvestre.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Senderos has been history for 18 months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Frisbee wrote: »
    You'd think that but...

gun__1219306198_silvestre_gallery1.jpg

I think this is a massive step backwards considering it is being used to basically force Senderos out of the club.
    I could not believe that Ferguson kept Silvestre for so long and then unbelievable to me Wenger goes and buys him.

Some players seem to be able to fool even the best managers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

DSB wrote: »

Hasn't he gone on record before about not wanting to remain in football? He's never come across the coaching type.
    Frisbee wrote: »

Something must have happened that turned Arsene off Senderos, it seems a bit out of character to force a player out who was so highly rated by him at one point, particularly when the alternative is a 35 year old who last played in League 2...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

blinding wrote: »
    I could not believe that Ferguson kept Silvestre for so long and then unbelievable to me Wenger goes and buys him.

Some players seem to be able to fool even the best managers.

Silvestre is one of the best ball-stoppers in the EPL.

Sorry, I meant ball watchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Good signing for a 6 month period. The guy is still a decent defender. Especially compared to silvestre. I think its a no lose situation. The guy has great experience. Aresenal will not keep him beyond the summer. He is a better option than senderos. He has won things before so therefore he is a good voice in the dressing room which is what Aresenal need the most IMO.
    They would not get him if he is not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Good signing for a 6 month period. The guy is still a decent defender. Especially compared to silvestre. I think its a no lose situation. The guy has great experience. Aresenal will not keep him beyond the summer. He is a better option than senderos. He has won things before so therefore he is a good voice in the dressing room which is what Aresenal need the most IMO.
    They would not get him if he is not worth it.

Yea but does he still have the legs for 90 minutes!!! No doubt hes experienced etc..Sure we shall see what happens Wenger may not even offer him a deal..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Something must have happened that turned Arsene off Senderos, it seems a bit out of character to force a player out who was so highly rated by him at one point, particularly when the alternative is a 35 year old who last played in League 2...

He was being seriously considered for the captaincy before it was given to Henry as far as I know. AW spoke to Tony Adams about it. Mad how things turn out. I'll be sorry to see Senderos go; he could have been great. Got raped by Drogba a couple of times and didn't play well against Liverpool in the Champions League QFs and he hasn't been the same since.

Advertisement