Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offers Below House Value.

Options
  • 12-01-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Guys looking to see what you think about this. My friend and really is my friend not me, is selling her home. Its on the market for 230k. She has had 4 offers between 160k-170k. Auctioneer has basically told her to take the best offer as the market is continuing to slump and she be lucky to get 130k next year for it.

House is a 3 bed semi.
    Located in Dublin 24.
    Good Area not council.
    Paid 195k in 1999.
    Great condition and walk in condition.

Thats just to give you an idea of the type of home. Any comments or advice most welcome and will be printed out and passed on to her. Thank You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

how long has it been on the market?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Roughly 3-4 months, started with a higher price. Will text her and see what the orignal price was. Also must add she is moving to Canada to be with her parents so is not buying another property, and currently owes the bank 117k, she put down a healthy deposit when she bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

The fact that there have been four offers on the house would suggest to me that your friend might have a chance at breaking even on what she paid for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

With the information you've provided, in that situation and if it was my house, I'd sell it for the €170k.

Think of it this way. She paid 195K. She's owes 120K. If she takes 170K, she's got 50K to take with her to Canada. The 25K she's dropped is much much less than the amount of rent she would have paid in those 10 years to date. So she's not doing too badly.

She should get out while she can and go back to a country that's actually run well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I'd take it and get as the other poster mentioned she would have spend more on rent.

Thread title Offers below Value, but who's value thats the problem with the market at present.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭kenbrady

Don't know the area, but 4 offer in around the same price. This is the market value.
    I would give it one last push. Get estate agent to tell buyers. If you can sign in the next 2 weeks, you can have it for 180. They will probably come back with 175.
    That should do it and that 175 might even be above market value.

Advertisement