Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about this EVGAx58 SLi LE

Options
  • 12-01-2010 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Hey currently rocking a P6T Deluxe V2. And want to upgrade(or well have more PCI-E slots to use in future).

Wondering has anyone had any experience with this board? And what is it like for overclocking? Seems to be more of a cheaper EVGA mobo but just as expensive as my current one.

Looking at the possibility of running sli in the future and the fact I have a Xonar DX PCI-E model. Which pretty much has all my PCI-E taken.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i too was thinking about that board, but when i posted here i was told dont bother!

you would save a lot of money by buying a socket 1156 board and getting an i5.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭noodletop

Hey currently rocking a P6T Deluxe V2. And want to upgrade(or well have more PCI-E slots to use in future).

Wondering has anyone had any experience with this board? And what is it like for overclocking? Seems to be more of a cheaper EVGA mobo but just as expensive as my current one.

Looking at the possibility of running sli in the future and the fact I have a Xonar DX PCI-E model. Which pretty much has all my PCI-E taken.

http://www.evga.com/articles/00501/
    look no further can run 3 way sli plus still put your xonair in:D mind you it costs a fortune:eek: oh yeah and you need a case with 10 expansion slots at the rear for it so be prepared to pay big money for a case too.
    im running sli at the moment on a crosshair 2 mo/bo and have the xonair d2x soundcard and to be honest i dont see the point in going sli anymore as most of the top end cards out there can max out any of todays games and by the time they cant there will be a new gen of cards out that will be able for anything thrown at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I used to use the original P6T but it had alot of issues so i went with the Evga this time.

The bios is a little bit different from Asus but once you get used to it its easy to clock.My c0 920 can run at 4ghz on both mobos but the evga runs at slightly lower Vcore.

It has some nice little features to like a CMOS reset on the i/o panel as well as on the the mobo.Evga E-leet is a great tool for tweaking your oc and gives you lots of details about temps and volts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

noodletop wrote: »
    http://www.evga.com/articles/00501/
    look no further can run 3 way sli plus still put your xonair in:D mind you it costs a fortune:eek: oh yeah and you need a case with 10 expansion slots at the rear for it so be prepared to pay big money for a case too.
    im running sli at the moment on a crosshair 2 mo/bo and have the xonair d2x soundcard and to be honest i dont see the point in going sli anymore as most of the top end cards out there can max out any of todays games and by the time they cant there will be a new gen of cards out that will be able for anything thrown at them.

Tbh, I picked the EVGA Sli LE cause it won't cost me anything to change it(well €20). I can get 200 for my P6T Deluxe.

The classified is like 300-400 euro.
    i too was thinking about that board, but when i posted here i was told dont bother!

you would save a lot of money by buying a socket 1156 board and getting an i5.
    Em, I already have an i7 with 6gb of DDR3, I've had it for months :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Tbh, I picked the EVGA Sli LE cause it won't cost me anything to change it(well €20). I can get 200 for my P6T Deluxe.

The classified is like 300-400 euro.

Em, I already have an i7 with 6gb of DDR3, I've had it for months :)

then its ok! :p

damn i wish more people were stuck on the Quad series like i am :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

im stuck on i3 no money for i5 or i7 but saving hard for i9 lol

Advertisement