Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot water problem in en-suite shower

• 12-01-2010 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hey all,

Recently moved into a new apartment and having problems with the en-suite shower since.
    When I get in first its warm/hot but after about a minute or two it starts to get cold. But if I run the hot tap in the bathroom sink while in the shower the water stays hot all the time.

Have had about 4 different plumbers/electricians in at this stage.
    Thermostats being checked / filters behind the shower head have been changed. One plumber said it was a problem with the pump, another one said its nothing to do with the pump.

Anyone any ideas? Just want to get it fixed and have hot water in my shower!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Briantheplumber

kwat wrote: »
    Hey all,

Recently moved into a new apartment and having problems with the en-suite shower since.
    When I get in first its warm/hot but after about a minute or two it starts to get cold. But if I run the hot tap in the bathroom sink while in the shower the water stays hot all the time.

Have had about 4 different plumbers/electricians in at this stage.
    Thermostats being checked / filters behind the shower head have been changed. One plumber said it was a problem with the pump, another one said its nothing to do with the pump.

Anyone any ideas? Just want to get it fixed and have hot water in my shower!

Hi,

I know you say the thermostat was checked but it sounds to me like it can only be the thermostat, the best way to check it is to remove the shower and run water through the hot pipe and see does it remain hot for a few minutes. If it does then either get a new thermostat or new shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kwat

Hi,

I know you say the thermostat was checked but it sounds to me like it can only be the thermostat, the best way to check it is to remove the shower and run water through the hot pipe and see does it remain hot for a few minutes. If it does then either get a new thermostat or new shower.

Thanks Brian,
    It's a mixer shower. The showerhead is attached to the wall. Your saying this should be removed and run the water then?
    Yeah the thermostat was checked and I was told its fine. Just seems to be impossible to find out whats causing the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Briantheplumber

you'll need to remove the mixer from the wall to test it, dont know what your DIY skills are like but its the only way to diagnose the problem.

Advertisement