Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help putting editing videos please.

Options
  • 12-01-2010 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

this is my first venture on this forum, only just found it :o , basically i got a load of motorsport videos from my uncle some good some not so good with the objective of transfering them to DVD, so i connected my video player into my pioneer dvd recorder via scart, transfered them onto my hdd on the pioneer, i have since burned them onto dvd.

Now for the bit i can't get going? Some of the videos are great and i was thinking about putting sonme of the best bits of the tapes up onto youtube, or similar, i was set on buying software untill i freid, litterally, my laptop and had to buy a new one at the weekend there, so could anyone point me in the way of a good free or very cheap product that could edit the dvd's (extract clips, and stitch the clips together, and possablly put some music to but not necessary).

P.S. im a complete novice to this so i aint got a clue whats good and whats not, and also if the files on the dvd would need converting first?

Thanks in advance,
    Dean.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Firstly, are the files on dvd or a harddrive at the moment. If they are on a harddrive, make life much easier. If on dvd, you will need to get them back onto your harddrive to be able to edit them. A program called DVD rip should do the job if all else fails.

You could use windows movie maker to do all the stuff you mentioned, and its free. With your new laptop, im gonna assume you have windows 7, which doesnt have movie maker as standard, but thats ok because you can get it free if you download windows live (at least i did). Once opened, inport your videos, do whatever you need to do (youtube videos need to be less than 10mins i think, maybe someone else can confirm that) and publish. One of the options lets you publish to youtube, so it will be saved in the correct settings etc.

Any more questions send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Hi mate,

I'm on rallyforums.com as well btw ;)

If you want, I can rip the dvds, stich 'em and upload them for you, I did that for another lad on rallyforums.com as well. Up to youself:)

Advertisement