Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irishrail.ie Web Tickets - prepaid credit card allowed?

• 12-01-2010 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

The prediciment is in the title. Lost my laser, wont have it 'til next tuesday at the earliest. However, I'm planning on booking a web rail ticket for tuesday. It has to be collected at the station (from a machine I guess) so are any of these options viable?

1) Book ticket using another credit card, and pick it up the day before?
    2) Book one using a prepaid credit card (the site only lists visa, mastercard and laser)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,259 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I assume if it's a Payzone mastercard then that shouldn't be a problem it should work like a normal mastercard. (as long as the machine reads the magnet strip and not the chip which doesn't exist on the payzone mastercard. However if it's a 3V then that won't work as the loading card for 3v isn't a valid credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

sunnyjim wrote: »
    The prediciment is in the title. Lost my laser, wont have it 'til next tuesday at the earliest. However, I'm planning on booking a web rail ticket for tuesday. It has to be collected at the station (from a machine I guess) so are any of these options viable?

1) Book ticket using another credit card, and pick it up the day before?
    2) Book one using a prepaid credit card (the site only lists visa, mastercard and laser)

If you present yourself at a ticket office with ID, they can issue you your pre booked ticket on the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Even if it's booked with a credit card under a different name?

Thanks for the replies lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Book and pay for the ticket. You should find out quickly as to whether it will accept the prepaid card or not.

Put the ticket in the name of the person using the ticket, not the card holder.

You will get a confirmation with booking number.

If you want, the ticket can be posted to you.

The person collecting the card can either (a) go to the cashier with the booking number and ID (b) put any credit card in the name of the ticket into the machine to collect the ticket (c) put any credit card and the booking number into the machine to collect the ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭Rawr

I reciently booked an Intercity ticket online, and all I did was print-out the confirmation email (with reference number). I handed that to the cashier, and he came back with my tickets...no problem!

I'd say, book those tickets and then just use the confirmation email like I did.

• Advertisement
Advertisement