Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new gunshop in carlow

Options
  • 12-01-2010 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Has anyone been in new gunshop in Carlow? Who owns it and is there a big selection of stock?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

where abouts is it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Its hardly Carlow country sports? Its the only one i know of that open recently(ish) but that was over a year ago. They are in the Deertail retail park.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Is it out the Dublin road, right at the industrial roundabout, Merk sharp and dome, in at the back above the motor bike shop?????????

if yes then drive on by and give it a miss.

clivej wrote: »
    Is it out the Dublin road, right at the industrial roundabout, Merk sharp and dome, in at the back above the motor bike shop?????????

Thats Carlow Country Sports.....
    .........if yes then drive on by and give it a miss.

.........and you are correct sir.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭thedragon

ezridax wrote: »
    Thats Carlow Country Sports.....

.........and you are correct sir.
    Why's that.

• Advertisement

They did not seem to have anything i asked for, hunting or target wise. Granted they were only open 6 - 8 months or so but that should be enough time to get a little of everything.

No insult intended, just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Was in there a while back and was left standing at the counter while the assistant said hello walked by me and went down stairs and stood at the door drinking a cup of coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DB5

I know the shop on dublin rd he sells motorbikes as well. The one i was told about is in grauigecullen carlow near the aldi shop.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭TrapperJohn

I think its called Atlantic Sports, owned and operated by George Galbally.

DB5 wrote: »
    I know the shop on dublin rd he sells motorbikes as well. ........................:)

His father has the gun and sports shop off the high street here in Kilkenny City.

Then thats worth checking out if it's true.:D

I feel a short drive coming on;)

• Advertisement

Is George himself working in it? If he is I will be hitting him for a discount :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭TrapperJohn

homerhop wrote: »
    Is George himself working in it? If he is I will be hitting him for a discount :D

Yes he is. Let us know how you get on with the discount ;)

The one i was told about is in grauigecullen carlow near the aldi shop.:)

Where exactly is it? Not overly familiar with Carlow. Sounds like it would be worth a drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ronnie#1

it's on church street in graiguecullen, beside the petrol station and opposite aldi.

it has a walk in gun room with a good selection of both rifles and shotguns.

there is a large selection of equipment, like gun safes, clothing, decoying equipment, and fishing tackle, compared to carlow country sports.

And also a good selection of top quality scopes from s&b, zeiss, nightforce etc, not too bad in price compared to other retailers.

Sean is a good guy to deal with as well. It's open late on thursday night, and it's closed on mondays.

If anyone visits it let us know whats it like before i drive up to it:)

If anyone visits it let us know whats it like before i drive up to it:)

Just had a good look and its well worth the visit. Good selection of rifles and shotguns.
    Walk in gun room nice and tidy prices are about right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭fiestaman

nice shop.it is new so id say he will be getting in more stuff even though he has a nice bit there already,as the lads said good selection of guns and no problem viewing them. Head out the ring road which ever direction your coming from and head for portlaoise,when you come to the portlaoise rounabout hang left up by doyles of the shamrock keep going for about half mile,aldi on left gunshop on right at petrol station. GREEN FRONT. Worth the visit,what gunshop isnt if you just want to nose:D

13012010056.jpg

13012010057.jpg

Sounds not to bad .i will drive up and have a look see:D
    thanks lads:D

+ 1 on that. Worth the drive if only for the nose around plus i see from clivej's photo he sells magtech.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Is that mad fecker still on the go...?:rolleyes:

I haven't heard that name in years, it put an odd smile on my face.:D

Hezz700 wrote: »
    Is that mad fecker still on the go...?:rolleyes:

I haven't heard that name in years, it put an odd smile on my face.:D

Ya he still goes to the odd flapper, the young lad is a very good shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tictac3

good range of stock and Sean is a sound man to deal with . contact them on 0599179984 definitely worth a look IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

homerhop wrote: »
    Was in there a while back and was left standing at the counter while the assistant said hello walked by me and went down stairs and stood at the door drinking a cup of coffee.

Ah, in that case he will have successfully attended the US gun store counter-hand course of ignorance.

Mind you, you're darn lucky you got the 'hello' - he must be a probie.

Don't worry tho', he'll grow out of the pleasantries soon enough.

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Bear in mind folks, that this thread is the best part of a year old, and many things may have changed in that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Rovi wrote: »
    Bear in mind folks, that this thread is the best part of a year old, and many things may have changed in that time.

Ah, I 'spose you mean that now you'll get totally ignored, just like any most all self-respecting gun stores... ;=)

I know quite a few places that have WOIAH* awards over there.

tac

* 'Walk out in a huff'

Went back in 3 weeks ago out of curiosity, the hunting gear was up on a mezz floor level and they were in the process of moving it all back down stairs to the motor bike area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

And has the service improved??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

hey just to say its carlow country sports that has the bad service not atlantic shooting and fishing!I went into carlow country sports 3times to try trade in my rifle and there was nobody there to deal with firearms questions.The upper floor was like a tip when i was there with very little to offer for sale and next to no ammo! Ithen went to atlantic shooting and fishing traded in my rifle for a shotgun,the owner was very plesent to deal with,has a great stock and fantastic gun room!It was so much better than carlow country sports!

• Advertisement

And has the service improved??
    No it hadnt

Advertisement