Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toliet Troubles

• 12-01-2010 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I broke the lid of the cistren on the toliet. Where can I buy a lid to replace it?

Thanks to all that help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Wrong forum but make model and i will help.... otherwise new toilet and plumbing....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hey, where did you get your clothes? The toilet store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

cover it with cling film sure you'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

Damn explosive diahrrea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

PM the flutt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Moved from After Hours.
    You should get a helpful answer here OP.

Jasus mod.... Home applience forum construction and planning or DIY would be better. :D:D:D:D:D:D

My question to the op make model or new toilet.

Jasus mod.... Home applience forum construction and planning or DIY would be better. :D:D:D:D:D:D

My question to the op make model or new toilet.

Wrong click.
    I'll pm a Mod now.

Wrong click.
    I'll pm a Mod now.

I was onlt joking. I fear new toilet any way. Its all chinese sh1t now and non branded and even if its branded the brands have changed so much

New toilet 80 Euro B&Q
    Labour on fitting 100 euro

Precaution: Keep heavy glass candles off the lids. and dont open the cistern to use blue loo. Its leathal anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 beneath

Sorry new to boards. How do I change it to diy? It's a shires brand

• Advertisement

beneath wrote: »
    Sorry new to boards. How do I change it to diy? It's a shires brand

It has been moved for you by a moderator of the forum.

You are now in DIY.:)

Hope you get the help you need.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

BluesBerry wrote: »
    cover it with cling film sure you'll be grand

Important note: The Cistern not the bowl :D

Might be worth asking at a bathroom sanitary ware suppliers/ builders merchants with a couple of measurements to hand - you might be lucky and pick up similar which could work as a second (perhaps where a cistern has cracked in store) - long shot I know but I'd definitely give it a go to try and save a few quid.

Bring the broken lid to any bathroom ware house and they will match it as close as possible, A shop will rip the backside out of you. It would be cheaper to buy a new toilet.

If you want the no. of a ware house in dublin let me know by PM.

It's Shires 21 and half inches champage color. If anybody has a second hand lid or knows where I can get one could they please let me know. Because it's over 19 inches it is discontinued by the company. It's a leaver handle as well.

Thanks

Protim abrasives 018305966 is in the process of liquidation. If your willing to travel to them you may get a champagn lid. They use to have loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

beneath wrote: »
    I broke the lid of the cistren on the toliet. Where can I buy a lid to replace it?

Thanks to all that help.

If its split in two you could bond it back together with tech 7, costs 14 euro and a few euro for silicone gun. If beyond repair, bring what ever you can to plumbing suppliers, might find something to replace, failing that, build some kind of shelf over toilet, once removable all is well.

Advertisement