Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Extended Warranty

• 13-01-2010 12:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭

Ive just seen an ad for mapfre warranty being offered in ireland. It seems to be from a company called ireland assist. Has anybody used them? They offer products for dealers & private motorists as far as I can see.
    There seems to be very few people doing these warranties in ireland.
    So anyone used these, and how much is a warranty likely to cost for an 08 audi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I looked at a car a few months back that advertised a mapfre warranty but they said they were stopping them because they had to cover so much of the work themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

That always seems to be the case. Any excuse not to pay.
    Maybe i will buy a VAG-COM diagnostic cable and take my chances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

I've just taken out an extended warranty for my 08 Golf with the dealer I bought from for 300 which includes AA cover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

While I've had no experience with their extended warranty, I can tell you that they do run a breakdown service which some insurance brokers add on to policies instead of using the built in breakdown services (Hibernian Rescue etc.)

Having worked for a broker where this arrangement was in place, the common complaints were poor customer service, long wait times for a patrol to be dispatched, difficulty in obtaining benefits etc.

I saw the ads for the extended warranty, but I would imagine that they would not cover routine servicing and maintenance, but only rare occurences such as timing belt failure etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

not worth the paper it's printed on in most cases.

• Advertisement
Advertisement