Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice needed from you ladies on Hoodies

• 13-01-2010 12:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭

I just want buy a hoodie or two and looking at these 3 to buy as I seem to think there decent enough

But what do you think?

Thanks in advance for help.
    ZANZRGVG033BURAW1l.jpgFENLOUISNAVYAW1l.jpgfranklin-marshall-hoodies-website-284_c.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Fenchurch one for the win! Much more flattering colour and I love their brand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

+1 on the fenchurch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

im going for the navy on too:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

yep navy too,dont know why its just plain and not scummy/cheap ass ones you see every 2 nd lad wearing on a night out.Nothing wrong with cheap hoodies but all the printed logos and crap is awful imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

What's the story with lads on this forum wanting to be dressed by women? Neither of the hoodies are that nice, too much logo-ness but if I had to pick I'd say navy

If that kinda hoodie is your style though I personally think this one is nicer http://www.asos.com/Diesel/Diesel-Scabbin-Indian-Brave-Hoodie/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=839398&cid=5668&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=-1&sort=-1&clr=Navy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

They're all horrible, get yourself a nice plain solid colour hoodie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

What's the story with lads on this forum wanting to be dressed by women?

Trying to get advice from the people they;re trying to impress I would say

Trying to get advice from the people they;re trying to impress I would say

Probably, but guys can dress guys a lot better than girls and ya don't see the opposite in The Gentlemans Club etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Yeah I like the navy one, don't like the other two at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I'd go with a few of these from their sale they are so warm and cosy and theres 60% off a lot of them at the moment. Goin for $19.99

Drawback is shipping is $50 so you need to pick up a few things to justify it.

CNTGBRSGDRNUVBS4LPQ5_L.jpg
    TSADQ7BQ277DU5TNXT97_L.jpg
    outerwearfleece.jpg

• Advertisement

I'd go with a few of these from their sale they are so warm and cosy and theres 60% off a lot of them at the moment. Goin for $19.99

outerwearfleece.jpg

Ya a lot nicer than earlier but for me American Apparel are the best hoodies around. Nice clean design and ridiculously comfy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Ya a lot nicer than earlier but for me American Apparel are the best hoodies around. Nice clean design and ridiculously comfy

Your not wrong there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

The Fenchurch one is nice, but they're all pretty bloody boring and conservative TBH... All very "early 20's dude from Dun Laoighre or Santry who drives a small car and likes the Kings of Leon"

Check these out :

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Info?Track=GUNZHNY

^ pimpin Rogue Unit hoody, in Navy & Yellow in the Chemical clothing sale...

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Info?Track=SANDYFEA

^ SAVAGE Fenchurch hoody, major bargain too...

In fact, just go on the chemical site and search "hoodies" - some nice stuff there and they're in the middle of a sale of up to 75% off... I even saw that one you posted up going for less than £30 sterling... Decent site with great service, I use them all the time for records and for clothes.

Karmaloop can be pretty decent as well, but they're US based so you'll have to fanny about with customs charges etc

http://www.karmaloop.com/products.aspx?ProductID=46066&VendorCode=LRG

(purple is a bit 2009 but it's still a strong look)

http://www.karmaloop.com/products.aspx?ProductID=78123&VendorCode=ART

(digital camo patterns are great, wear them for weeks on end and never see the dirt :pac: )

(and no, i'm not a lady - you wouldn't ask a guy about frocks, would you? women haven't a notion about men's clothes)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

outerwearfleece.jpg

Not at all.
    The Fenchurch one is nice, but they're all pretty bloody boring and conservative TBH... All very "early 20's dude from Dun Laoighre or Santry who drives a small car and likes the Kings of Leon"

Check these out :

That's class. Listen to this guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hey thanks for advice.

I was just really looking for opinion was not trying to image myself on anything just looking at what ye taught. Dont mind ye thinking there not nice on seconds taughts quite few of ye are placing me in right direction.

Thanks for people who did help out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 beautycouture

Some gorgeous hoodies in Ralph Lauren in the HOF at xmas, maybe they are on sale now. Or gant. Both are expensive-ish, but they are classic and are an investment in your wardrobe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

Hey thanks for advice.

I was just really looking for opinion was not trying to image myself on anything just looking at what ye taught. Dont mind ye thinking there not nice on seconds taughts quite few of ye are placing me in right direction.

Thanks for people who did help out.
    have u tried Superdry stuff?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

/QUOTE]

Bahaha brilliant! Summed it up to a tee! Maybe he drives a silver polo and also likes Snow Patrol?!

Anyway Karmaloop is very good. LRG hoodies are class, I have two from karmaloop and theyre both a great fit and very good material aswell. Also theres loads of 20% off etc offers for Karmaloop around, and in their emails out.

• Advertisement

lala stone wrote: »
    have u tried Superdry stuff?

just looked at there site some decent stuff there. thanks

Some gorgeous hoodies in Ralph Lauren in the HOF at xmas, maybe they are on sale now. Or gant. Both are expensive-ish, but they are classic and are an investment in your wardrobe

cheers will be passing there on saturday will take look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

me likey the fenchurch one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Check these out :

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Info?Track=GUNZHNY

^ pimpin Rogue Unit hoody, in Navy & Yellow in the Chemical clothing sale...

In fact, just go on the chemical site and search "hoodies" - some nice stuff there and they're in the middle of a sale of up to 75% off... I even saw that one you posted up going for less than £30 sterling... Decent site with great service, I use them all the time for records and for clothes.

Karmaloop can be pretty decent as well, but they're US based so you'll have to fanny about with customs charges etc

http://www.karmaloop.com/products.aspx?ProductID=46066&VendorCode=LRG

(purple is a bit 2009 but it's still a strong look)

http://www.karmaloop.com/products.aspx?ProductID=78123&VendorCode=ART

(digital camo patterns are great, wear them for weeks on end and never see the dirt :pac: )
    There way different to the ones OP said he liked, can't see him liking them I don't see whats wrong with a plain warm hoody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

If you want to learn how to dress get an african to teach you how to dress .They have pretty well sussed .

M&S* wrote: »
    There way different to the ones OP said he liked, can't see him liking them I don't see whats wrong with a plain warm hoody?

This is why people want women to dress them. Of course nothing is wrong with a plain warm hoodie, god knows i have enough of them myself - but at the same time this is the "fashion and appearance" board, not the "dull practical clothes that noone will notice" board, and the OP himself hardly seems to be on the lookout for plain hoodies based on the magnificent trio of hooded garments he posted in the start of the thread. Granted the Rogue Unit one I posted was a little different, as was that camo one, but the rest of them were firmly within his ballpark and it's also nice to remember every once in a while that there's more to the humble hoody than pale blues and browns with oversized faux-crude stitched-on logos and reversed seams a lá the stuff college students were wearing in 2005.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Hi,do you know if this is available in regular sports shops like Lifestyle/Elverys etc.?
    I know someone who would love it!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Been hearing so much about them..have to go pick one up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭bananabunch

Hi,do you know if this is available in regular sports shops like Lifestyle/Elverys etc.?
    I know someone who would love it!:)

I know JD sports has a star wars display in their window yesterday but i didn't notice if they had that particular top.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

http://euro.mandmdirect.com/ProductList.aspx?Filter=1|Mens|5|Hoodies&a=resetsearch fantastic stuff here at good prices.

Out of the first three, i'd take more notice of someone wearing the first one, navy's just a bit safe i think. But then again it depends on you own colouring.

Advertisement