Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

virgin builders first boot

Options
  • 13-01-2010 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

hey guys i will be firing up my new build over the weekend. first time with a self build system not totally sure what i need to do.

what programs should i install to test the system?

also what other programs do you recommend i should also have?

final 1 should i update the bios of the mobo before i install OS?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

what will be your new set up try not to update the bios if you dont have to it can kill mobo,s if done wrong this is a great site for programs to install once you have your operating system on http://ninite.com/ ow by the way well done on first build

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

hey guys i will be firing up my new build over the weekend. first time with a self build system not totally sure what i need to do.

what programs should i install to test the system?

also what other programs do you recommend i should also have?

final 1 should i update the bios of the mobo before i install OS?

Prime95 or OCCT for stress testing the CPU.Memtest86+ for checking ram.HD for checking your HD's.I'll do a lsit of software out tomorrowas it would take me far too long to type on my iPod lol,and no,I wouldn't bother updating the BIOS before an OS install :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

We're all "virgin" builders here... :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Effluo wrote: »
    We're all "virgin" builders here... :D

Speak for yourself! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

cheers virgins he he

• Advertisement
Advertisement