Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall/Plaster Repair

• 13-01-2010 12:37am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭

We were removing ancient wallpaper today and unfortunately some plaster seemed damaged in a couple of spots. We still have more to do so other areas may be affected.

Found this on Google and it's quite similar to our problem. Is it easy to sort out? I don't think we have to the equipment to sort it, but I'll have to check tomorrow.

177083662_4974e7a2f2.jpg?v=1151617198

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭ab20

My advice would be to wait until you have all the wall paper off the walls and see what state they are in. Are you going to re-paper or paint? If you are going to paint then I suggest that you might get a plasterer in to do the work so that you have a good finish for the painting. If you are papering again then you might get away with filling the holes yourself with some bonding. If you are doing it yourself make sure that you use some PolyBond on the damaged areas. Also put a little in the bonding/plaster mix this will hep for it to stick to the damaged area. Consistency should be not too dry and not too wet. Apply with a plastering trowel. Then leave to dry. Hope this helps. If need be I can PM you with some details of where to find a plasterer. Let me know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks for that. No, paper won't be going back up, just paint. We still have a good bit of paper to remove, well the backing. We took some paper off of the chimney breast and that's the worst area so far.

Probably best to get someone in to do it.

Advertisement