Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson W595 Problem!!!!!!

Options
  • 13-01-2010 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I've only had my phone a little over a year and in the last week i've being having a very annoying problem with it.

Every time I make a call or ans one I can't hear the person on the other end unless I put them on loudspeaker or plug in the head phones.

Is this a common fault with this model and would it be covered by warranty?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

give it the old switch off/on test (probably a waste of time). it sounds like the earpiece has gone caput. once there's no signs of damage, i imagine it should be covered under the 2yr warranty. bring it back to the shop to be sent for repair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 kty1

I always use Sony Ericsson phones but I generally find that their life span is only around the 1 year mark. However, if it is under a 2 year warranty you can of course send it back.

There is another option that you should try first though. I generally find that this works for most problems encountered by Sony Ericsson phones. Go to the Sony Ericsson website, where you can download a system update for your phone to your computer. Then, you can install this onto your phone from the computer. You will need to back up all music, photos, conacts etc to your sim card or memory card first though.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭CdeC

having the exact same problem, any solutions. Phone is 1.5yrs old. still in good nick except that the speaker dosn't work and the buttons are going one by one. Seems a bit weird

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

CdeC wrote: »
    having the exact same problem, any solutions. Phone is 1.5yrs old. still in good nick except that the speaker dosn't work and the buttons are going one by one. Seems a bit weird

2 year warranty, so bring to a phone repair shop

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Hi. Got the same problem but warranty its over.
    Can hear caller when phone its not open when i open it cant hear it any solution?

• Advertisement
Advertisement