Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo General Hospital

Options
  • 13-01-2010 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

just a query. What time does the laboratory in Sligo Gen open until?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I don't know, but if you are just dropping up bloods they have a box outside the lab to leave them at any time.

(Pro-tip: don't just drop the car outside so you can run in and drop them off - it's up a few floors and a fair walk to get there.)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

Hi

The lab is open from 9-5, but there is a box outside the door for out of hours samples etc. If you park in the outpatients area, (opposite the Grammar School) and run thru the coffee dock, you are right beside the stairs/lift to bring you to Level 4, and just along the corridor is the lab!

Hope this helps :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭pauldry

thanks guys.

Thats what I was looking for;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'd advise you to get any samples into the Lab as soon as you can. Samples left in late in the afternoon will be stored until the following day. Priority in-patient specimens will always take precedence, especially when shifts are changing over to an on-call team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

(Pro-tip: don't just drop the car outside so you can run in and drop them off - it's up a few floors and a fair walk to get there.)

I will add to that by recommending that, if you're parking, park in the Brewery carpark. If it's a weekday you'll have more chance of getting a space "on the hour" or thereabouts, when the students are finished lectures. It's not really any further of a walk from there to most parts of the hospital than it is from the main hospital carpark, and the best bit is, it's free!

• Advertisement
Advertisement