Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BARCELONA HOTELS

Options
  • 13-01-2010 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Hi all I am looking for a cheap and cheerful hotel in city centre. Im not into the extras just a place to sleep, so I can spend my money on more important things like beer:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Beware - cheap and cheerful in the city centre usually means in a dodgy spot - parts of Barcelona city centre can be very dangerous at night.
    We stayed here last time - cheap and safe - 5 minute walk to the Metro and 15 minutes in to the city centre from there.
    This was recommended to us by family who live in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

we stayed in the princess hotel last april, 4 star all you can eat breakfast, the metro and the tour bus stop outside the door, del mar shopping centre next door, 4 storys and a basement, shops and cafes, the rates were very reasonable then,

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

thanks lads, but the princess looks a little too pricey €400 for 4 alco's
    (p.s. bargains only:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

only cost us 200 from thursday until monday morning, i got it online an english site, i forget the name of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭tophurler

Stayed here about a year ago, about a 10min walk from Las Ramblas, very close to air coach stop, i paid 70 a night for a double room at the weekend.

http://www.hotelreding.com/en/hotel-reding

Plus we got two free bottles of plonk as part of the deal. Fairly noisy at times as the walls were wafer thin but still cheap and cheerful, staff very friendly, decor of rooms could do with jazzing up but the lobby was nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Thanks for the Help all We ended up in Ronda hotel, cheap and cheerful clean and the staff were plesant. Its close to ramblas but far enough away too. Only problem the hotel car park cost €20 per night for guests which was more expensive than the car hire :(

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭huber

Hi
    Im looking for a hotel in Barcelona for October. I'm thinking maybe near the beach(would you be very far from everything else then?). Has anyone stayed in Icaria Hotel Barcelona before? Getting mixed reviews on it.
    Any advice would be great, I would prefer a 4 or 5 star hotel as its for a special occassion.....

Advertisement