Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaticon SF4 tournament 28th of March UCD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    *looks at location*
    CLARE? Another Clare SF player :eek: Great, there goes my gimmick :rolleyes:

Heh,I wouldn't worry about it,I'm rubbish at it!The only game I've ever actually owned myself was SF2 Turbo on the SNES.Gimme Smash Bros any day.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Just a little update for anyone who's interested.:)

Our Website: www.vaticon.net
    Our email: vaticon16@gmail.com
    And,our official lineup:

Video Games

Smash Bros. Brawl:
    This year promises a return of the hugely popular Tír na Smash Tournament in Smash Bros. Brawl. If you think you’re good at Smash Bros, this is the perfect opportunity to show off your skills against the best players in Ireland, as well as get involved in the Irish Smash Bros scene. Don’t miss it!

Goldeneye:
    Time to go a little retro! And what better way to do it than to go back to the granddaddy of FPS’s: Goldeneye! At Vaticon we’ll be running a 4-Player tournament, so dig out your N64’s and get practising. Let's do this Paintball mode!!!

Rockband: Battle of the Bands:
    It’s back! Its Rockin! It's Battle of the Bands! Form a band of four and don’t miss the epic showdowns (and shenanigans) that are sure to follow as you rock out to the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and ‘Dani California’. The highest score wins!

Mariokart:
    Time for a time trial! Race around the track, dodging shells and other racers alike in the Crazy Mariokart on the Nintendo Wii. The track for this year is Koopa Capa race.

Modern Warfare 2:
    Test your mettle against the challenging Favela level challenge! The best selling FPS is coming to Vaticon. Try get the highest score in the shortest time, while dodging bullets in scenic Rio!

Street Fighter 4:
    For the first time at Vaticon, we are pleased to be hosting a tournament in conjunction with the Irish Street Fighter community. The tournament will be following official Street Fighter rules and will be run on the X-Box 360. Bring your own joysticks, and don't forget your game faces.

Free Play:
    If you’re not into tournaments, or if none of these games strike your fancy, not to worry! There will also be free play on the Wii and X-Box 360 throughout the weekend.

Timetable on its way.:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I seem to recall vaticon pub quizes being quite fun too.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Street Fighter AND Rock Band? This is just cruel! If I were to come could I just do all the instruments myself and add my scores up? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    If I were to come could I just do all the instruments myself and add my scores up? :P

I think your head might explode if you do that :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I meant one at a time, but then I miss out on OD bonuses and combined multipliers... Wait wrong forum! Eh, sonic booms, FADC ulrta and blockstings and such! Ahem...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 elwaster

Where is all this taking place? I'm highly interested, specifically Street Fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

elwaster wrote: »
    Where is all this taking place? I'm highly interested, specifically Street Fighter.

UCD, details of how to get there here:

http://sites.google.com/site/vaticon/getting-to-vaticon

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

This sounds great. Think I shall attend. Best get practicing!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Any up dates for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Entry fees, tournament structure, (Groups, single / double elimination etc,) sign up sheet and who's signed up so far.

All help create hype :)

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

If they don't have there own sign up list we can do one here if its needed but entry fee and tournmanet details are need.

But yeah who is interesting in going to this?

Im up for going no problem at all! wheres the sign up sheet? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sorry, some of us were off playing in international tournaments all weekend!

We'll get working on proper updates tomorrow.

I'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Ugh. Hopefully I'll be at this but college just aint letting up. Shall try my darndest.

Entry fee to Vaticon is €8 so we'll be charging €5 for the comp, which will all go to prize money. May be only top two as it's likely to be a lower pot than normal, but that's not a definite yet.

The main issue we need addressed ASAP is who can bring consoles and TVs/Screens as they are not sure how many spare they will have for us.

Usual rules for the competition apply:

- Use of Turbo/Auto Fire is prohibited.
    - Use of Programmable Controllers/Macros is prohibited.
    - All characters are selectable.
    - Matches will be best 2/3 and set to 3 rounds.
    - You may only change character directly after a loss in a best - 2/3 set, but can pick any character you want at the start of any set. (Blind select can be provided if requested)
    - It'll be groups into double-elim and the seedings of our RanBats will be used for the group stages.

Any questions feel free to ask and myself and Jim will answer as soon as we see them. (We're organising it if you didn't know that yet.)

I can bring an Xbox I'm pretty sure, not a TV though.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

I might head down to this. I have no idea where this place is, though. How accessible is it from Connolly train station?

There's a bus from O'Connell St., at least. It's about 30 minutes from the city centre I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Is this a one day event or over two? If it's one day I'll see about making it

SF IV will be just one day (Sunday), but I believe the whole event runs Friday through Sunday.

Is there a proper time table for this?

Is there a proper time table for this?

Working on it. Will probably be 13:00 to 18:00 for SF IV.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Anyone else willing to offer us some hardware? Its all for a good cause!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

If i can make it I can bring a 360, but no tv I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I plan on coming to this.

I could bring my projector if there is a suitable wall(smooth and white!).

It has no sound though so we'd need some speakers or whatnot.

Wasn't this a sticky thread earlier?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Twas, jimothy asked me to desticky.

• Advertisement

I can bring my xbox and a fight stick, for who wanted to bring a projector, I can bring a 10 watt guitar amp or so if that'll be ok?

Advertisement