Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaticon SF4 tournament 28th of March UCD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Tin.T

as i really dont know how to go there and where it is, can someone is planning to go from dublin (from the spire, the only place that i know ^^), i will tag along. thx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Tin.T wrote: »
    as i really dont know how to go there and where it is, can someone is planning to go from dublin (from the spire, the only place that i know ^^), i will tag along. thx

I'm in the same boat Tin, might wait and see what happens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Does anyone know where in UCD this yokey is?
    I know to get out to it I can grab a 46A or 46E bus, but UCD's a fairly large campus =D

EDIT: They'll probably have signs up all around he college since it's a convention. Silly me~

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It's on in the UCD Student Centre.

It's labelled as 17 in quadrant D5 in this map.

http://www.ucd.ie/access/dss_currentstudents_campusaccessibility_buildings_mapimage.htm

Access methods to UCD.

http://www.ucd.ie/gettingtoucd.htm

Most of the buses leave from O Connell St. so it shouldn't be a problem getting someone to meet you at the spire, Tinja and Ramza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I presume i would have no problems parking in there, ye?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Bush80 wrote: »
    I presume i would have no problems parking in there, ye?

I'll find out for you tomorrow.

I'll be checking the place out on Saturday so I'll be able to give people as much info as possible on Saturday evening.

If anyone who is driving could bring even a small CRT it'd be handy, but I think consoles is the one thing that they are afraid they'll be short of, so if a few people could bring an xbox or a PS3 that'd be very handy.

If i go i could bring a ps3 and 360. Ive only got hdmi cables for them though, not sure if that would be problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Tin.T wrote: »
    Ramza wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat Tin, might wait and see what happens :)

I could meet you two at the spire

I just realised I'm on Easter holidays next week, so I'll definiely be at this yoke. I can bring a 360 with me with VGA/Component/HDMI cables, so there'll probably be something that it'll run on. =D

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Thank you guys for all the support!This looks like it'll be some craic!:D

The tournament will start at 1,there will be sign ups and warm up games from 12.

As for getting there,there's 2 places buses stop,on campus itself and at the slip road outside.The 10,2,3 and 17 stop on campus itself,while the 46a,145(these 2 are the most freqent) and other buses that I currently can't remember stop at the slip road!I'd recommend getting the 10 if you've no idea how to get to UCD,as the stop you want is the last one and it goes from O'Connell Street.

I will put signs at both places to make sure you can find your way to the student centre in any event.

Finally lads,one last thing: The clocks go forward an hour on Sunday so make sure you take that into account!(Damn Gaelcon and their stealing of time from us.:P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

This is probably gonna sound stupid, but whats the spire? Is that that big spikey thing on connell st lol, anyway whatever it is i will meet you guys there as well.

Also I like the Idea of a crt ^ ^

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

chunkis wrote: »
    This is probably gonna sound stupid, but whats the spire? Is that that big spikey thing on connell st lol, anyway whatever it is i will meet you guys there as well.

Also I like the Idea of a crt ^ ^
    That's the one chunkis.

Thanks for all the offer of hardware. We'll let people know individually if we want them to bring their gear when we have a better idea of what we have overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

So is the spire the official meeting place? I'll see all you guys there so!

The stiffy near the Liffey? :p

Kirby wrote: »
    So is the spire the official meeting place? I'll see all you guys there so!

The stiffy near the Liffey? :p

You're representing team lame, don't let me down. :)

Can we get a roll call for this to get a rough idea of numbers?

Bush80 wrote: »
    Can we get a roll call for this to get a rough idea of numbers?

I'll start another thread with a public poll.

This thread should be sticky

This thread should be sticky

I was asked to unsticky by one of the organisers. *Shrugs*

Being a forum mod, no thanks for it :D

why would you be asked to unsticky it, that makes no sense.

why would you be asked to unsticky it, that makes no sense.

Some people believe that people don't read stickies and ignore them.

(Personally I am not so sure, the charter over in the Nocturnal forum has over 5,000 views, and that's the least interesting sticky there).

• Advertisement

This thread will likely be constantly bumped this week anyway, but I too thought it odd that Jim wanted it unstickied.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Yea, it was me.

I am of the belief that people rarely read stickies and glance over them to get to the first unread unstickied post. When I used to do lots of work for Battlefield forums with tournaments etc I found this to be true. Maybe its not so much the case anymore. Perhaps I am superstitious!

Jim wrote: »
    I am of the belief that people rarely read stickies and glance over them to get to the first unread unstickied post.

I'll be honest, I totally do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

When I go to the forum I check all new posts, meaning all thread titles that are highlighted in bold. However farz's post in the other thread kinda proved jims point. & I know people such as terry check the forums based on notifications by subscribing to a thread or something liek that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I can bring an x-box and if your stuck I could probaly drag my tv out as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Looks like I will be able to make this afterall.

EDIT: what time are we planning on finishing at?

Six.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Lads just remembered i wont be able to make it goin to an afternoon gig! :(

She looks like a more masculine Brian Molko, but all this has nothing to do with Vaticon, so any chance a mod could clean the thread up a bit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

all this has nothing to do with Vaticon, so any chance a mod could clean the thread up a bit?

Awww man :( I was just about to post something amazing!

Advertisement