Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaticon SF4 tournament 28th of March UCD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Sorry to hear you can't make it bush.
    To those bringing consoles, most of the TVs are CRT so please bring scart leads. HDMI will be useless.

I was gonna bring my monitor though, why is there enough tv's? If so I'd gladly leave the monitor at home. Bringing my monitor means I'll have to bring speakers too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Noooo!!!! :(

Ill be up next week with your stick for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Congrats to Tin (1st place) and The Hound (2nd place). Not surprised either of you were the final, and it looked very close. Great first tournament showing from Hound, nerves or not he ripped up most of the competition.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Congrats to Tin (1st place) and The Hound (2nd place). Not surprised either of you were the final, and it looked very close. Great first tournament showing from Hound, nerves or not he ripped up most of the competition.

What characters do they use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Tin.T

Sagat(s) of course !
    good games it was nice. See you next week at XGC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Thanks to everyone who came today. I was a bit nervous running it due to our strict time frame and people turned up slightly later than expected, but I think it turned out pretty well in the end. Grats to Tinja (playing a game he hates :pac:) and a very strong first showing from Hound (who assumed he'd get trashed at it!).

Special thanks to those who brought equipment. If anyone is missing any gear let me know. ****ing wrecked. Frozen pizza and beer tonight.

I would have liked if there was more time for casuals before and after, but unfortunately it wasn't possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Any brackets?

Chopper took all the sheets home with him so they'll be up whenever he gets off his arse!

How many turned up?

We had an even 20, which was nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm not sure if I'm more gutted at losing the Ryu mirror to Burke (who's got a good, solid playstyle), or that new Cammy player whom I didn't know how to punish.

Oh well, at least I made Top 16 for once :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

From bottom to top.

Joint 13th - ChopperByrne, Seán, Andy, Kiki

Joint 9th - Sairus, BourkeTheJerk, FoamyMushroom, Brian (Irelands #2 Cammy!)

Joint 7th - Chunkis, Sisko

Joint 5th - DarkTalant, AnimaX

4th - Dreddybajs

3rd - Azza

2nd - The Hound

1st - Tin

Thanks to everyone for coming and a big thanks to everyone who brought equipment as the tournament would not have gone ahead without your support.

Thanks to the organisers of Retcon (They retconned Vaticon out of existence!) for offering us a place in the event, which I'm sure we'll happily take up again next year if offered again.

Was a fun day and I was one of the few to beat Hounds Akuma, so can't be too disappointed about my final placement.

Roll on Inferno next week when Azza will resume his dictatorship!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Fair play Terry, good placing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I took some video of the Loser's Final and Final Final, so I'll try and get that up soonish. However, due to my memory card being tiny, there are some gaps and quality drops towards the end of the Final Final =(
    Shall invest in a better memory card this week methinks.

Also, cheers to y'all who showed up. T'was a good bit of fun.

Would just like to say well done to all the newcomers who came and cheers to chopper and jim for running it and that girl (I didn't catch her name?) who helped facilitate it and gave us a warm welcome. She mentioned they would run another one next year.

I enjoyed it and was happy enough with how I played for my 1st tourney on stick :p

Although I had to use a box and chair also. :rolleyes:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Sisko wrote: »
    that girl (I didn't catch her name?) who helped facilitate it and gave us a warm welcome.
    Anne-Marie I believe.
    Although I had to use a box and chair also. :rolleyes:
    I found this incredibly entertaining, regardless if it's a common practice or not.

Brian (Irelands #2 Cammy!)

:'(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Although I had to use a box and chair also. :rolleyes

You're getting as picky as me :P, but well done today on the stick.

And good games to everyone else i played. No shame in losing to the eventual winner, although i almost had him with gouken! Congrats to Tin on the win. And I've a feeling the Hound will be Hounding us all from here on in!

I'm more picky it seems, you didn't seem to need it, but ask the hound if he noticed a difference in my game with the box and without :p

FEAR THE BOX!!!

FEAR IT! :mad:

We do Bosco, we do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I'm more picky it seems, you didn't seem to need it

Maybe i should have. I don't mind it on my lap so long as the chair is right! Took me a while to get the right chair though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Good games all. Congrats to Tin and Hound. Very entertaining final, all the way to the last round!

Had great fun.

Looking forward to the ranbat on saturday.

Jim wrote: »
    We do Bosco, we do.

Shup you! Or I'll break out my pad cammy

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Ggs all today, well done to tin and hound(see, we told you that you should enter). I have to say sisko that I noticed a marked improvement in your game since the last time I saw you play ie. on pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

Good games to everybody today. Congratulations to Tin for winning and thanks to everyone who helped organise and run the tournament, it was great fun.

DarkTalant wrote: »
    Ggs all today, well done to tin and hound(see, we told you that you should enter). I have to say sisko that I noticed a marked improvement in your game since the last time I saw you play ie. on pad.

Well cheers, :D my game hasn't improved much in months actually, I just haven't been playing anywhere near my best at the tournies.

Years of just playing for fun when in person and going all out when I'm online only has stunted me a bit ,I find myself engaging in conversation or just generally finding it hard to give it full concentration and zone everything out but whats on the screen. I even feel guilty when I knock someone out.

I remember when I 1st came to a tourney I noticed people wearing head phones and stuff and it just seemed kinda rude to me. But I totally understand it now.

This probably all sounds very strange to the more seasoned players here, but all my life I've saved my aggressive , competitive side for playing against faceless online randomers. Playing people in person I was all about making sure everyone was having a laugh. Its only the past few months have I experienced competitive gaming in person.

Its just something I gotta adjust to over time, I see myself playing for years so I don't mind, even if it takes awhile. I always enjoy myself.

Getting to use my own stick was also a plus :D
    Good games to everybody today. Congratulations to Tin for winning and thanks to everyone who helped organise and run the tournament, it was great fun.

Which player were you btw man? Dunno if I was chatting to you or not.

Also that reminds me, there was two... I dunno, I suppose 'Indian?' guys that showed up late for the tourney and seemed disappointed about it. I told them both about our upcoming one next weekend at XGC and pointed the way to the forums. They seemed really interested. Hopefully they'll show up, even more new players on the scene which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I'm more picky it seems, you didn't seem to need it, but ask the hound if he noticed a difference in my game with the box and without :p

FEAR THE BOX!!!

FEAR IT! :mad:
    Sisko im not sure what you mean by with the box or without it but you were much better the 2nd time we fought

Just like to say thanks to everyone and it was a good experience for me. Also, congratulations to the eventual winner, Tin, who played a great game.

The Hound wrote: »
    Sisko im not sure what you mean by with the box or without it but you were much better the 2nd time we fought

yep thats what I meant alright, 1st time we played I was using my lap, messed up most of my inputs.

My execution improved a lot when the stick is resting on something not moving around on my lap.

I remember finding it funny how terry(animax) and paul (a-trak) would be always be using a table or chair but the difference can be astounding sometimes.

My execution is so **** I need all the help I can get.

ALL HAIL THE BOX! :pac:

Was that your 1st ever tourney hound?

• Advertisement

yep thats what I meant alright, 1st time we played I was using my lap, messed up most of my inputs.

Was that your 1st ever tourney hound?
    It was, I was very nervous but done well. It was good fun but a bit of a distance to travel, in saying that some guys come from outside Dublin, fair play to them. You are much beter when on the box so, You need to punish peoples mistakes more, if i whiff a srk you would just throw me when you should do easy big damaging combo like down fierce into srk. Anyway ggs, well played

Advertisement