Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaticon SF4 tournament 28th of March UCD

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Sisko wrote: »
    Also that reminds me, there was two... I dunno, I suppose 'Indian?' guys that showed up late for the tourney and seemed disappointed about it. I told them both about our upcoming one next weekend at XGC and pointed the way to the forums. They seemed really interested. Hopefully they'll show up, even more new players on the scene which is great.

Yeah, I actually played one of them during the tournament. He surprised me with his sagat! I told them we could have casuals after tournament but unfortunately we had to pack up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

The Hound wrote: »
    You need to punish peoples mistakes more, if i whiff a srk you would just throw me when you should do easy big damaging combo like down fierce into srk.

Yeah I know, I saw all those mistakes myself as punishing shotos is one thing I can be consistently good at. You flew up into a corner with a wiffed hp srk and I instantly tried to dash, then HP ex srk into ultra, which is a no brainer.

I entered in dash and ryu just walked cauing me to panic and mash grab instead. Every time I enter something and it doesnt happen I have a brain fart. It a big problem for me. :(

Don't worry hound you'll get over the nerves, remember some of the people you were fighting have tons of tourney experience, once you get a couple under your belt you'll be flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Just to say a big thank you to all the people who turned out for the Retcon tournament,it's great to know you guys felt welcome at the con.

It made my weekend to see the tournament get a good tournout and for people to enjoy themselves.As I said on Sunday,I think I speak for everyone on the Retcon committee when I say that we would love to see you back again next year.

Cheers also to Gerard and Barry,who were great for organising equipment and running the tournament on the day.You two were absolute gents.:)

Anne-Marie

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

GG's to all yesterday was a good event. Nice to meet Tin and Hound.

Well played lads.

And fair play to Chops and Jim for oganizing the tourney and Tea-A-Maria for giving the Irish SF community another event to play at.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

See that lads, we have confirmation that I am an absolute gent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Where are your boxing gloves, curly mustache and rose? :pac:

jk

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I think it was combined we are, individually...notsomuch.

Cheers for having us Anne Marie. Even if myself and Ger aren't around next yea, I'm sure there'll be someone else willing to take it on.

Thanks again Anne-Marie, and by the way...

if your into fighting games yourself and/or if you know other people who are too, regardless of skill, your fully welcome to get involved in the community, join in on our events and such. We're all about getting new players into the scene and helping them improve their game.

We also want to help grow/start scenes in other games like smash bros for example. Any and all fighting games really, and this place can be used as a hub to help organise events and get everyone together.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Here's the Losers Bracket finals, Azza (Bison) v Tin (Sagat). This was taken on my pocket camera yoke and I'm still trying to figure out compression properly, so the quality is fairly rubbish.

The final of Tin v Hound (at least the bits I managed to record) will be up later tonight.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Azza, I don't know how you didn't just straight out kill Tin there and then :P Good game lads. Good video too

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote:
    Azza, I don't know how you didn't just straight out kill Tin there and then Good game lads. Good video too

I just imagined what the outcome would of been if it was SSF IV we where playing. :P

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Was thinking the exact same thing. Looking forward to that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

excellent fight, dems two seriously good players!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Hard luck Azza....... unlucky

Casual match between AnimaX and Chunkis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Who beat azza and tin to put em in losers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Hound beat tin, not sure about Azza.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Hound put them both into losers.

The Grand Final between Hound and Tin. There are some gaps in the footage, but thanks to some clever editing techniques, you shouldn't notice them too much.

A little blast from the past, a friend of mine took some pics at this event (Ian other wise known as c0mpliant on boards) and Jim's put some up on sf.ie.

Check em out here : http://streetfighter.ie/?page_id=206

And here's a few others :

clipboard01air.jpg

img2745y.jpg

img2695z.jpg

muhahaha.jpg

img2741p.jpg

• Advertisement

Anyone else notice that finalists usually dont have facial hair? There may be a correlation.

I may have to shave for the next Inferno.

Advertisement