Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online activity on non SF and Tekken fighters.

Options
  • 13-01-2010 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

SFIV,Tekken 6 and HD Remix are still alive and well but what's the state of other fighters and Xbla games. I hav'nt checked any of them recently except hyper fighting-dead. What about DOA4,VF5,SC4 SF Aniversary(third strike) and Xbla fighters such as, Garou,Kof 98, Samurai shodown 2,Fatal Fury special ect. Anyone looking to play online with these games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

why would anyone play 3rd strike, garou, any KOF, or samurai shodown on XBLA when they can play with infinitely better netcode for free on PC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    why would anyone play 3rd strike, garou, any KOF, or samurai shodown on XBLA when they can play with infinitely better netcode for free on PC?

Come again?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

All of the games you mention above are pricey enough to buy on XBL, and some of the netcode, with them is horrible, (Suffers from huge lag, latency and slowdown, Garou I know from experience is unplayable online over xbox due to it's netcode.)

Whereas if you already have the game on your PC, (they seem to be a lot cheaper on PC then xbox :)) GGPO is free netcode client that runs the games at as close to perfect as possible.

So, it's cheaper, and runs better on PC and also has bigger numbers of player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

A-Trak wrote: »
    All of the games you mention above are pricey enough to buy on XBL, and some of the netcode, with them is horrible, (Suffers from huge lag, latency and slowdown, Garou I know from experience is unplayable online over xbox due to it's netcode.)

Whereas if you already have the game on your PC, (they seem to be a lot cheaper on PC then xbox :)) GGPO is free netcode client that runs the games at as close to perfect as possible.

So, it's cheaper, and runs better on PC and also has bigger numbers of player.

Nice one,in your face Bill Gates!Mame here I come.:D:pac:.....(I wonder will MS give me a refund...nah I won't push my luck.)

• Advertisement

The emulators you need come with the GGPO install (or 2df), it's FBA, not MAME.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

A-Trak wrote: »
    and some of the netcode, with them is horrible

I can vouch for this - I once tried playing a few games of KOF '98 UM with someone over XBL; the ping was less than 100 ms but the input lag had to be at least 200 or 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• DoA4 is either dead or dying - it came out in 2001 and the scene never really took off.
    • Tekken 6 BR is popular but no-one who likes it seems to discuss it here <_<
    • VF5 ver.C is pretty dead because the Japanese & other Asian arcades are playing VF5R ver.C instead.
    • Soulcalibur 4 is still getting some play online IIRC - mostly on 360 in rest of Europe. IMHO it's a terrible game though.
    • BlazBlue is still pretty god damn AWESOME :D
    • HD Remix on 360 should still be pretty strong. PS3 version sucks (I know, I have it)
    For all other 2D games, play on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

I've been meaning some weekend to try and get a Euro room up for BlazBlue and get some practise again. Is there anybody down south who really plays it? There's next to no-one up north here and random matches normally draw me up against Americans, which means my ****ty connection will often give it enough lag to throw off a few combos.

Xinkai plays; I should be back online within 1-2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

As a fighting game all rounder, the fighting games i have are as listed below.

HDR
    BlazBlue
    Battle Fantasia
    Dead Or Alive 4 (Still highly active btw)
    Tekken 6
    Fatal Fury Special (I Dare ANYBODY To Play Me On This ;))
    Garou MOTW
    SF2 Hyper Fighting
    Mortal Kombat 3

And SF4 but i don't play it anymore.

I made an announcement at Ranbats7 about starting up an Irish BlazBlue community once the game is released so keep your eyes peeled!

DoA4 is still going? Good good, wasn't too sure actually (just remembering what I heard from some decent players I used to work with). Don't like the game though, it's like a REALLY weird VF to me.

Xinkai wrote: »
    I made an announcement at Ranbats7 about starting up an Irish BlazBlue community once the game is released so keep your eyes peeled!
    That'd be cool, since the only tourney we've ever run up here for it only had 6 people show up! :(

If you guys ever have BB tournaments down south I might pop along, especially if it's the same day as the SF4 RBs so that I can tag along with the usual northern crowd. Double-especially if it's a cash prize tourney!

edit: I was thinking before of setting up a Facebook group or something for Irish Blazblue players, think I should bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Xinkai wrote: »
    Fatal Fury Special (I Dare ANYBODY To Play Me On This ;))

Hmm... I'll be quite busy the next few days but come Wednesday or Thursday I'll be quite happy to challenge you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Vyze wrote: »
    That'd be cool, since the only tourney we've ever run up here for it only had 6 people show up! :(

If you guys ever have BB tournaments down south I might pop along, especially if it's the same day as the SF4 RBs so that I can tag along with the usual northern crowd. Double-especially if it's a cash prize tourney!

edit: I was thinking before of setting up a Facebook group or something for Irish Blazblue players, think I should bother?

I made a group for Irish fighting game players in general. Just join that if you want, ill stick you as an admin so you can make events

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=106506842542

Btw xikai those french players moving to dublin play blazblue

No need to make me an admin (not that many BB events to post up about!) but I'll join anyway!

Yreval wrote: »
    Hmm... I'll be quite busy the next few days but come Wednesday or Thursday I'll be quite happy to challenge you.

Your on pal ;)

Vyze the plan for the BB RanBats once its up was to have them take place 3 weeks after the SF4 ranbats. Too crowded and would be too confusing for those that want to play SF4 AND BB. Can't ask players from the north to come down the week after either due to expenses, 2 weeks seems dodgy also, so 3 weeks seems like a perfect gap imo. Say like a schedule of sorts

SF4
    XX
    XX
    BB
    XX
    XX
    SF4

sf4 3d week after that bb 3rd week after that sf4. Seems fair and easy on the wallet?

Hm, I may have to miss out then, sadly, since I think I'm the only northerner who'd travel for BB (there's only like one other player, and she's got even less cash than me!)

I look forward to playing any of you guys at larger events, though!

What french players u mean Tin?

Advertisement